Sign in to follow this  
salkasalka

PMDG 737 NGX COOP

hi all, I've tried to search forum for this but with no luck,

is there any possiblity to play PMDG 737 NGX coop, in coop mode,

that one person will be sitting in captain position and second person will be stting on FO seat. Both will be able to manipulate with instruments.

If this is not natively supported, is there any 3rd party SW/utility to make it happen?

hi all, I've tried to search forum for this but with no luck,

is there any possiblity to play PMDG 737 NGX coop, in coop mode,

that one person will be sitting in captain position and second person will be stting on FO seat. Both will be able to manipulate with instruments.

If this is not natively supported, is there any 3rd party SW/utility to make it happen?

No, there is no shared-cockpit/multicrew modelled in the PMDG NGX. While you may be able to sit in the cockpit with each other and fly around, nothing between the two pilots is synchronised (FMC, MCP, Overheard etc).

PMDG have said that they are looking at the possiblility of bringing shared-cockpit into their aircraft, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

...and there is no 3rd party utility which will make it work.

what about multiscreen startup for PMDG? and for second screen I will choose FO seat, and I will share second screen (via VNC,webex, or other screensharing tool) and also I will give control over mouse, only thing I need to figure out is create "secondary mouse" but it should be possible AFAIK

what about multiscreen startup for PMDG? and for second screen I will choose FO seat, and I will share second screen (via VNC,webex, or other screensharing tool) and also I will give control over mouse, only thing I need to figure out is create "secondary mouse" but it should be possible AFAIK

First of all, just a friendly reminder to please sign your full name at the bottom of your posts per this thread.

Now to your post;

If you are sharing your screen over teamviewer etc., AFAIK you can't treat the other computer as another screen. Whatever you see will be replicated on the other computer. Therefore it isn't possible to set up a 'dual-screen' situation, and have different things on each screen. You can't just undock the 2D panel and drag it over to the computer connected to you like you can if you have another moniter plugged into your graphics card (As I said, this is as far as I know, and am stood to be corrected).

Also there will probably be lag when using some screen sharing applications, and it won't be a very pleasant experience for the co-pilot. If you're looking for a co-pilot feeling, I suggest you purchase FS2Crew.

You can't just undock the 2D panel and drag it over to the computer connected to you like you can if you have another moniter plugged into your graphics card (As I said, this is as far as I know, and am stood to be corrected).

You can do it (although maybe not over teamviewer). Multiple tablet apps that are commonly used to show CDUs or EFIS displays rely on a similar principle.

Also there will probably be lag when using some screen sharing applications, and it won't be a very pleasant experience for the co-pilot.

Yeah, this is quite true, and would present worse than in a shared cockpit type environment. Also the second mouse is not going to be very easy I think.

And by the way, if you want an airliner that does support multicrew, take a look at Fly the Maddog.