Sign in to follow this  
Spartan0536

Jetways and ATIS inop or missing at arrival airport in Multiplayer

As the title says, at the departure airport everything is 100% ok, however at my arrival airport the jetways are missing if they are default, and the ATIS is inoperative which works at the departure airport. The VOR/DME and ILS stuff all works just fine. This only occurs during multiplayer sessions, anyone else have this issue or know a fix for it.

I have the free version of FSUPIC 4.99, the UI Autocore DLL, and various tweaks done to my config. FSX airport scenery is set to very dense.

Thanks for any and all assistance!

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

As the title says, at the departure airport everything is 100% ok, however at my arrival airport the jetways are missing if they are default, and the ATIS is inoperative which works at the departure airport. The VOR/DME and ILS stuff all works just fine. This only occurs during multiplayer sessions, anyone else have this issue or know a fix for it.

I have the free version of FSUPIC 4.99, the UI Autocore DLL, and various tweaks done to my config. FSX airport scenery is set to very dense.

Thanks for any and all assistance!

Did you even try   GOOGLE:     FSX missing ATIS

http://www.google.com/#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=b1d813dbd780d14c&q=google+FSX+missing+atis

Very little point in reproducing it all here, when there is so much Info about this well know issue, out there already.

when I click on your link I don't see anything relevant to this thread, anyone I have talked to on teamspeak servers knows nothing about this and after browsing 5 pages of the multiplayer section here on AVSIM did not turn up results. Figured it was time someone would at least refresh the question.

I read a posting from 2008 that said their was a bug in FSX (just one????) that provided ATIS only for airports within 50 nm of the origin or within 50 nm of the last scenery refresh.  The solution appeared to be to set up a hot key to refresh the scenery once you were within 50 nm of your destination.

Try it - I'll follow the thread to see if this works for you.  Might work for the jetways problem also.

Going back to the original question - ATIS information is available in multiplayer sessions. If you lookup the ATIS frequency for the airport (try airnav.com), and tune your radio to the listed frequency you will get a voice and text ATIS notice.

There is a "bug", in that you only get the information for airports that were within 50 miles of your start point, or the last point since you refreshed scenery.

I have set my refresh to to the tilde key, I have used it before and that works for the jetways, there is 1 downside and that is if you are using FSPax where there is a chance that refreshing may cause a crash in game or a game crash and its random. Didn't try the ATIS after the refresh but the jetways it works for, was hoping there was a file for it that would fix the issue, thanks for the help guys (being sincere)!

$64,000  Question

Has this been fixed in P3D  ??

That would be the big question, there are lots of questions surrounding P3D 2.0