Sign in to follow this  
BrianCoyote

Service Pack 2 questions

I have some questions regarding service pack 2.

I was told that there was going to be a service pack 2, yet I don't see anything about that pinned here in the NGX forum. If there IS an SP2, I was told it is going to fix the geometry of the windows.  Kind of an obscure thing to be asking I guess, but can anyone give me info on these words?

I was told that there was going to be a service pack 2, yet I don't see anything about that pinned here in the NGX forum.

There is one planned, yes.

If there IS an SP2, I was told it is going to fix the geometry of the windows.

In terms of...?

There will be an adjustment to the spacing between the overhead and glareshield, yes.  If you're referring to something else, I'm not sure.

Kyle Rodgers

There is one planned, yes.

In terms of...?

There will be an adjustment to the spacing between the overhead and glareshield, yes.  If you're referring to something else, I'm not sure.

Yeah, I was told the geometry of the windows were too large, causing the overhead to be too high over the glare shield. Well that's great to hear :)

I was told that there was going to be a service pack 2, yet I don't see anything about that pinned here in the NGX forum.

SP2 is not schedule to come before some time after 777 release (possibly 777 SP1, if after-release situation warrants so)

I hope they will make a list on what's going to be fixed in the SP2.

There will be an adjustment to the spacing between the overhead and glareshield, yes.

2. (hopefully) a fix of the Anti collision light (beacon) position

.....and the release date for the -ER and BBJ variants  :lol:  (Just love Alaska's new 737-900ERs)

I hope they will make a list on what's going to be fixed in the SP2.

2. (hopefully) a fix of the Anti collision light (beacon) position

.....and the release date for the -ER and BBJ variants  :lol:  (Just love Alaska's new 737-900ERs)

Do you mean how the beacon isn't in the center on top of the plane? How it's off to the side slightly?

'Cause that's how the real thing is  B)  Got me too when I noticed it on the NGX, never noticed on the real thing before that. 

Steve Caffey

Do you mean how the beacon isn't in the center on top of the plane? How it's off to the side slightly?

'Cause that's how the real thing is  B)  Got me too when I noticed it on the NGX, never noticed on the real thing before that. 

That I knew before.  ^_^ I mean the currently position on the NGX. The beacon is ( too far forward about three windows) Made a screenshot to show you.

The (X) shows where the beacon light is on the real thing and should be on the NGX (if possible). But I'm more in the Flight Deck than outside  :lol: .

unbenanntjtp7u.jpg

Holy s. That really makes the plane unstable and unfliable ;-)

Hey man...different strokes for different folks.  Just because you don't think its an issue doesn't mean that somebody else doesn't see it that way, and vice versa.

Holy s. That really makes the plane unstable and unfliable ;-)

When paying nearly a hundred dollars, it better be near perfect.

When paying nearly a hundred dollars, it better be near perfect.

That's why you only paying  that much  compared  to a real ng, than you expect everything to be perfect

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

That's why you only paying  that much  compared  to a real ng, than you expect everything to be perfect

So, what you are telling me that just because it's $100 and not $90,000,000 that I shouldn't expect near flawless software? I don't think you understand how simulators work

So, what you are telling me that just because it's $100 and not $90,000,000 that I shouldn't expect near flawless software? I don't think you understand how simulators work

eh...the main point is that everything has bugs.  It's impossible to make things perfect.  Its price really has little to do with that.  Granted, the more you pay, the fewer issues you expect, because you generally pay for quality, but when it comes to software that's hard to quantify.

It's not like we're paying for forged versus cast, or premium wood over imitation wood (plastic), or the quality of physical elements.  It's a little different to control the issues.

Kyle Rodgers

Only my point of view m8

To all intents it seems to me to be near perfect, at least as near as I would want with the small issue you relate to, seeing as you showed us in that photo, untill that time I wouldnt have noticed.

like you I spend most of my time in the flightdeck, If it was a bigger issue? then I would perhaps want service pack 2, no offence meant I just think its a very small issue to me.

Happy air miles

Guss.