Sign in to follow this  
Boeing_Driver

Direct to?

click the inner FMS knob just like you do in the FSX default GPS. Enter the waypoint/VOR/Airport and then press the ENT key on the control unit twice to accept the entry. Took me a while to figure this out too.

Is there a way to use the Direct to function with this plane?

I've tried everything and clicking the Direct to button only brings up a sub menu that can't be used in any practical sense.

Are you talking about going DTO a waypoint already in your flightplan? Or going DTO a completely new navigation facility/waypoint not included on your flightplan?

Are you talking about going DTO a waypoint already in your flightplan? Or going DTO a completely new navigation facility/waypoint not included on your flightplan?

I am referring to DTO to a waypoint already on my flightplan. Highlighting the waypoint and clicking DTO does not change the flightplan, but instead brings up a submenu theoretically allowing me to choose a random waypoint.

click the inner FMS knob just like you do in the FSX default GPS. Enter the waypoint/VOR/Airport and then press the ENT key on the control unit twice to accept the entry. Took me a while to figure this out too.

The problem with this is that is seems to skip every other letter in the alphabet. In other words, it goes from B to D to F...

The Carenado G1000 flight planning capability is limited, to say the least, and full of bugs IMHO.

This is an example of a bug. :wacko:

As a workaround, I use an RXP 530 as a popup for all navigation duties,

and use the G1000 as a moving map display only..

Bert

I am referring to DTO to a waypoint already on my flightplan. Highlighting the waypoint and clicking DTO does not change the flightplan, but instead brings up a submenu theoretically allowing me to choose a random waypoint.

The problem with this is that is seems to skip every other letter in the alphabet. In other words, it goes from B to D to F...

Yeah, as Bert said, the G1000 is modelled crap by Carenado.

In reality you would highlight the waypoint and click the DTO button. It would go direct then continue by the plan in the G1000.

Try highlighting, clicking MENU, then activate leg. In reality, it would not go direct by doing it this way, but in the Carenado it might do :He He:

Has this issue been fixed. It seems to work for me occasionally but i can't seem to work out how :)

Direct to is pretty essential when flying on Vatsim