Sign in to follow this  
mattius

Strange Black Squares all over Scenery - Please can anyone help....?

Just to be sure... the problem from the OP has already been solved. That was indeed DX10. mattius is now talking about something completely different: the color of the backs of the taxi signs. I don't think this has anything to do with FTXG or DX10: it's just how they are.

Thanks for clarifying Jeroen........  it certainly wasn't clear to me that the initial problem was caused (although it was obvious to many of us that it was DX10), and that we were now onto the back of taxi signs........  Yes, that's just how they look....

Sorry but I had 2 issues going on at the same time! Doh! Still a little confused about my missing line?

The line depends on the angle you are looking at them/taking a screenshot. Notice on my first shot the sign just right of the C is totally black.

Hello all, I would like to add a question to this forum. I have the dreaded black boxes on my ORBX scenery, HOWEVER, it is not with any of the lights but rather the 3D Grass and brush around the airports. Has anyone had this happen and is there a remedy. Yes DirectX is off =].

On 8/16/2013 at 0:32 AM, Q_flyer said:

No disrespect to Woodhick, but what you are seeing there really isn't related to not unistalling GEX ... I didn't uninstall GEX (what is the purpose of unistalling some textures and loading the fsx default textures back in; to immediately overwrite them all with FTX Global textures?).....and I had no issues with FTX Global whatsoever.

What you have there, is definitely DX10 still in action.

Try checking your FSX.CFG and ensure that D3X10=0 is in there....  (If it says =1, then DX10 is still on).

Cheers.

Yes! This is your fix... 
:)

Thanks,

Jonathon