Sign in to follow this  
mattius

Strange Black Squares all over Scenery - Please can anyone help....?

I may have cocked up my fsx. I did have GEX Europe installed. I did not uninstall this as I assumed & read somewhere that FTX Global would overwrite the textures. I therefore installed FTX Global. It all seems fine except black squares in scenery. I enclose 2 x screenshots to demonstrate my problem....

1. Taken @ Innsbruck

2. Taken @ Jahalabad in Afghanistan

8ugw.jpg

iepm.jpg

Many black squares...

Turning off DX10 preview does not help. Seems to be a missing a texture file? Any help would be very welcome!! Thanks. I have FTX Global selected with Orbx tress & Hybrid mode selected.

Hi,

That problem is definitely related to DX10.

Are you sure you have turned off DX10?.......... I would check again because what you have there is what DX10 users see when using FTX Global (unless they rename a BGL file in the scenery folder).

Try 'cycling' to default in FTX Central, then back to FTX Global.

Failing that I would recomment unintalling FTX G, then ensuring you are definitely back in DX9 mode, and re-installing.

Cheers.

You needed to uninstall GEX (after allowing it to re-install the original textures) before installing FTXG, the instructions were clear on those points.  I'm not sure whether you can un-install GEX at this point (and read the instructions in the GEX help page for that too) or not. 

Now for the less good news and a controversial topic--at this point in time there is no easy way to un-install FTXG.

I strongly suggest you register at the Orbx Forums and seek professional help.

As far as I know you don't really have to uninstall GEX first. The textures will be simply overwritten. I can't imagine any GEX leftover causing this to be honest.

Like Dave said, the black squares in your screenshot are exactly like the road lights not being displayed correctly in DX10.

So double check that you have the line D3D10=0 in your fsx.cfg if you want to run in DX9.

If you made sure of that already, I can't tell you what's going on and like Woodhick advised, try asking over at the OrbX forums for help.

DX10 is still on. You need to check it off and then restart FSX. There is a fix in the works for this.

Turning off DX10 preview help many of the textures. (This is known in FTX Global.) However some airport taxi signs have black rears ie. no texture. Texture is only apparent on one side. Suggestions?

vgf1.jpg

06i8.jpg

No disrespect to Woodhick, but what you are seeing there really isn't related to not unistalling GEX ... I didn't uninstall GEX (what is the purpose of unistalling some textures and loading the fsx default textures back in; to immediately overwrite them all with FTX Global textures?).....and I had no issues with FTX Global whatsoever.

What you have there, is definitely DX10 still in action.

Try checking your FSX.CFG and ensure that D3X10=0 is in there....  (If it says =1, then DX10 is still on).

Cheers.

With respect DX10 preview is definitely off. The back of the sign definitely seem to be missing a texture as the black is too uniform. Is it worth deleting & rebuilding the Shaders directory? I agree that the non uninstall of Gex is not the issue.

Strange one! Did you check the fsx.cfg ?

In that case my next action would be to simply run the FTX Global installer again (over the top of the current installation), to see if that will replace whatever is missing here.

Did you try re-installing FTX GLobal? Maybe the installation was interupted at some point if you are really missing textures.

The backs of my all my taxi signs are solid grey.

The backs of my all my taxi signs are solid grey.

Well that's just plain weird. Could you post a screenshot some taxisigns at Sion Please?

Also, Is it safe to reinstall FTX Global over itself? Are there any settings I should check for?

Just to be sure... the problem from the OP has already been solved. That was indeed DX10. mattius is now talking about something completely different: the color of the backs of the taxi signs. I don't think this has anything to do with FTXG or DX10: it's just how they are.

At this airport mine are black.

Look at those frame rates!!

Odd, Cause they sure as hell look like there is no texture where there should be! Also your screen shot  has a line, which looks better,  where the taxiway signs side meets the back! Mine does not????

ilho.jpg