Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

Ramzzess watched the Froogle PMDG 777 Stream

I don't suppose you told him, "Hey Steve can I have your autograph? By the way I have a neat idea for a phone with a touch screen...!"  :lol:

I took pics and video, better than an autograph :lol:

Thank you Froogle for this video, yet can someone tell me if the speed rate that changes automatically from 16 to 8 or 4 and goes back again to 16, of course it respond if the plane cruising in the straight line..... is that something available for pmdg 777, or this is something I can setup in fsx

Thank you Froogle for this video, yet can someone tell me if the speed rate that changes automatically from 16 to 8 or 4 and goes back again to 16, of course it respond if the plane cruising in the straight line..... is that something available for pmdg 777, or this is something I can setup in fsx

That's available in the Trip7.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Chris thanks for quick reply, I was wondering that all this time I've been missing out, if this feture was available for fsx.

So I have fallen back into what drove me away from FSX- the incessant tweaking and adjusting.

I was wondering how soon that would return to you Robert!  FSX is like a beautiful lady but a torturing one.  She made you tweak because you want everything and then she reward you with a slideshow. LOL

I fly both but I turn down autogen, killed the road traffic and pretend I did not see the stutters.  LOL

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I was wondering how soon that would return to you Robert!  FSX is like a beautiful lady but a torturing one.  She made you tweak because you want everything and then she reward you with a slideshow. LOL

I fly both but I turn down autogen, killed the road traffic and pretend I did not see the stutters.  LOL

Yes, I turned off the cars- one of the features that I -love- in X-Plane.  Autogen is down from max.  Limit frames internally within FSX to 30 and use my GTX690 Adaptive V-Sync (1/2 monitor refresh rate = 30fps).  See my new video I shot today with those settings up on YouTube.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

I took pics and video, better than an autograph :lol:

You should post the video on YouTube.

There's no doubt that was the smoothest time compression I have ever seen in any FS version. At the same time though, I have to question it's effectiveness.

His flight was wheels up at 8:28Z and landed at 14:31Z. That's roughly a 6:03 flight. Now he turned auto compression on at 8:35z at 14K+ ft and turned it off just under13:54z about 10nm from TOD. That's a time period (Of the flight) of 5:19.

On the video he turned it on at 53 minutes, and turned it off 2:26 that's a real time period of 1:33. This gives you an effective time compression ratio of 3.4 to 1

As a comparison, I flew the CS777-200LR on the same flight (DNAA to EGLL) I set 16x compression at 14000ft, and disconnected at around 10nm from TOD. That took 22 minutes. Assuming the same 5:19 flight time. That gives you an effective ratio of 14.5 to 1. Of course she porpoised up and down like a yo-yo, speed wildly fluctuated, and banked like a Banshee, but the AP never disconnected and once compression was completed it stabilized rather quickly.

So while it wasn't anywhere near as graceful as the Auto-comp system it got the job done much quicker.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d