Sign in to follow this  
Heimi

No new Aerocaches anymore

Due to the complexities associated with operating and maintaining the aerocache toolset without the original development team at our disposal, we are unable to create or implement new aerocache assets, including those recently submitted by members of the community.

Although we're unable to create any new aerocaches, we will continue to use the existing content (as we have already been doing with Flashback Friday/Throwback Thursday) in an effort to give new players an opportunity to experience this activity while providing veteran players the chance to locate ones they might've missed during their original availability.

We sincerely appreciate the aerocache contributions provided by the community and will continue to publicly recognize those submissions when they are used in the weekly updates.

https://news.microsoftflight.com/blogs/news/archive/2013/08/15/aug-15-aerocache-announcement.aspx

Very sad news indeed. I had just recently submitted 2 aerocaches and was waiting for them to show up in rotation. I guess Air1's latest aerocache Fill 'er up will be the last unique aerocache we get.

I'm gonna miss looking around for all those aerocaches. 

This is a step in the wrong direction. Sorry to see MS was having trouble maintaining this feature. If MS is reading this please note we in the sim community understand. Now please understand this... If you can't do it, give the software tools to the community to let them do it.

Shaking my head. It's like letting good food go in the garbage rather than giving it away.

Moe

So I have ( 6 ) new submissions already in that will never see the light of day! It takes a long time to put these together. How sad, just what is it we are supposed to look forward to? I think instead of worrying about "new players" they should be concerned about the "old players" that have been holding this thing together. Now the only hope is 3rd party involvement. And they are supposed to figure out this very difficult code all on their own, with out any encouragement or help from MS. So much for the new games manager. It is a another sad day indeed! Now all the naysayers will be coming out of the woodwork saying told ya so, told ya so.

Steve 

I've been a staunch supporter of Flight since the release and even through the decision to stop development and I'm very disappointed in this decision. Aerocaches have literally been the lifeblood of this sim for months. The discussions, screenies, and submissions by the community is in my opinion what has kept Flight alive on AVSIM.

As much as I hate to admit it, it looks like the end of the franchise is very near.  With the only new content being produced now being eliminated, it doesn't leave much for the long time community to do.  This, of course, is not to say that the F50ACE flights are insignificant. They too are a valuable part of our group and hopefully will continue for those that are able to participate.

We'll see what happens.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Really, Microsoft abandoning a Flight Sim product is a shocker?? I hate I padded their wallet by purchasing what I thought would lead to a rebirth of their commitment to the genre.

I've been a staunch supporter of Flight since the release and even through the decision to stop development and I'm very disappointed in this decision. Aerocaches have literally been the lifeblood of this sim for months. The discussions, screenies, and submissions by the community is in my opinion what has kept Flight alive on AVSIM.

As much as I hate to admit it, it looks like the end of the franchise is very near.  With the only new content being produced now being eliminated, it doesn't leave much for the long time community to do.  This, of course, is not to say that the F50ACE flights are insignificant. They too are a valuable part of our group and hopefully will continue for those that are able to participate.

We'll see what happens.

Yea, I hope to keep the weekly flights going, at least until they kill the servers. It would be nice if we could add our own, but that aspect of this sim is server-sided. With Flight being on the Live system, I doubt that it will be supported like FSX still is.

As Dandy Don used to sing: "Turn off the lights, the party's over."

MS simply doe's not have the ability to administer this feature anymore. It seems they lost staff that had the knowledge. It does not mean we are losing this sim. Yea AOTD was a big incentive to keep us going. It's not over yet. The servers are still up. And Jim, the lights are still on and the party is not over.

Moe

Its back to jobs and missions again and that is ok, still much to do. They must have had a sudden reduction in staff not to be able to not at least finish the aerocache submissions that they already have on hand and that is too bad. I figured they were running out of interesting places for aerocache hunts but why the sudden stop? I will continue to past screen shots as I see something interesting. The party is far from over kids.

Steve

I don't know about this, but perhaps we could keep aerocaches going our selves? I know a lot of us especially Steve and Albacore have tons of aerocaches, and I'm sure find more all the time. Perhaps we could just post the information like starting airport, screenshot, search hint, etc. on the forums and just hunt for it like that. Of course, we wouldn't have the distance marker to help us, or have the rewards, but it's still something. 

but perhaps we could keep aerocaches going our selves?

I have thought of this also and we can give it a try. I still have the information to the ones I have submitted that will not be seen now and a few more I have been working on if any one is interested we can give it a go.

The X-box thing? I don't own one but I do have some points floating around someplace. Just gets better all the time!

Steve

I'm thinking this may be criminal (not supporting content as advertised on their website)

After spending $65.00 US for this game I feel like i'm being cheated. No support for an advertised part of the game seems like false advertising to me AND taking down xbox worries me that if I were to need to reinstall a product that I paid for could be considered fraud for profit.

If you go to they're website they still advertise aerocaches by 'Community Members'

a quote from their main flight page states:

"Take off today and fly into the ever-expanding world of Microsoft Flight."

I'm no lawyer but there is 'reasonable expectation' which I don't feel they have lived up to at this point