Sign in to follow this  
bmaik

Vox ATC no vectors to approach-option

Hi to all once again,

After a few flights with VOX ATC I have made the experience that although I am usually cleared for a STAR and runway matching current weather situations, VOX ATC continues vectoring me to the runway on headings which are not compatible with the STAR it has actually cleared me for. In the VoxATC-settings I found the option "No vectors to approach" which might be a solution to this problem. Does anybody know whether with this option ticked, VoxATC will still assign me a STAR and let me fly it as published (which is what I desire) or will this option prevent VoxATC from assigning me a STAR at all (which I wouldn't like). Thanks for any clarification.

draci

When ATC gives you vectors, don't follow them. Instead request full ATC approach. ( I don't remember what the exact verbiage is and I'm at work so I can't check.) but once you do that you fly the STAR and contact tower on final.

NAX669.png

yes, voxatc even give you the correct star not follow the correct path with vectors (really strange) and sometimes if you approach in place with high mountains around the airport Voxatc vector you into the muntain because it not know the minimum altitude according with the charts.

The best way to avoid this problem, when you  recived the runway, is press 0 (zero) and chose "full approach " option for your runway. So VoxATC let you fly your star asking you to report the last point of the star and the will give the clearence for the landing.

Hope in the next relase this issue will be fìxed.

Francesco cattaneo

I set the "No vectors to approach" option for my flight plan and Vox ATC worked fine.  It did not give me any heading changes.  It just gave me altitude changes on the decent that lined up well with the STAR, and it cleared me to land as expected, then I was able to fly the approach to the localizer with no issue.

I did try this phrase several times on my descent, just to see what would happen:

Say "<callsign> request full ils runway <rwy> approach"

However, Vox ATC kept responding with "Unable to at this time".

You cannot do it until you get your first vector I think. It should show up on the menu if you press 0, but only when it is available.

Helge Rasmussen