Sign in to follow this  
rahat118

PMDG 777 GMCS Taxi Camera

Hi guys,

Firstly i am sorry if this has already been mentioned but i could not see it mentioned anywhere else.

Will the pmdg 777 have the taxi cameras on the wheels so that it can be seen in the cockpit as per reality .

Thanks 

I'll let someone from the development team answer.

That sounds like a yes without necessarily saying it. 

Yeah, well, it just as much sounds like a no without neccessarily saying it, so...

EZDOKkers should have no trouble setting up a "taxi cam" view over the nose wheel which then could be viewed in a second view window

I'm not sure if FSX even provides a key combo for popping up an additional window.

Yes, it's a workaround. Yes, it's nasty on the FPS. But how much time do we actually spend in close approach to a parking position? I'd say if someone desperately needs a taxicam on the 77L - there are ways :-)

That sounds like a yes without necessarily saying it.  :P

Callum McLoughlin

Sounds like nobody beyond the developers would really know.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

EZDOKkers should have no trouble setting up a "taxi cam" view over the nose wheel which then could be viewed in a second view window

I'm not sure if FSX even provides a key combo for popping up an additional window.

Yes, it's a workaround. Yes, it's nasty on the FPS. But how much time do we actually spend in close approach to a parking position? I'd say if someone desperately needs a taxicam on the 77L - there are ways :-)

Would like to see this option, however many airport add ons have  visual parking guidance plus GEX/AES have marshallers at parking which makes the parking task easier.

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

its been done somewhere before (Taxicam) can't remember where but it is POSSIBLE. However what PMDG are worried about is the impact on frames and getting it to actually work as it should. Nevertheless, they are LOOKING INTO IT and EXAMINING POSSIBILITIES. Wait for the -300/ER for more info..... or ask Ryan Maz

Kthanksbye

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well the VRS F-18 uses that technology so I don't see why PMDG won't.

Since only the -300's have them in real life, and the initial release, which is STILL IN DEVELOPMENT (ok, it's in beta, but that's still 'not finished yet') is only the 777-200LR and F, I guess we will hear about 777-300ER features when that is in development.

Having seen the VRS F/A-18E/TacPack implimentation of a FLIR, I'm pretty confident the -300ER will have a taxi camera. Even with all the coloration and such things that come with the real one. The F/A-18E for instance has something akin to Infra Red coloring, and amazing independent zooming etc. The -300ER won't even need all that zooming kind of stuff.

But before we start talking about -300ER features and 787's, lets get our hands on the -200LR first ey!

Oh the humanity:  who will think of the poor frames...?

spacer.png