Sign in to follow this  
bigrobmjca

SDK DDL text

Hey y'all,

Could any of you who have gotten Traffic Tools SDK to work, please copy the text of your dll. file for me and tell me where it goes? 

I have tried everything I know to get Traffic Toolbox to load in my flight sim, but to no avail.  I bought the Gold Edition, but do not have Acceleration Pack installed.  I have installed Service Pack 2.

Thanks and God Bless,

Bigrobmjca

You need to add this text to the dll.xml:

<Launch.Addon>
  <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
  <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>

The dll.xml is in your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX folder which is the same location as your FSX.cfg file (This assumes you are using Windows7).

I think everyone should have a dll.xml and each will be particular to the individual so it would be best to check the folder above to see if you have the dll.xml and then add in the text.

Notice how you need to have the SDK installed and the path may need to be adjusted to point to the correct location (although this should work if FSX and the SDK are installed to their default locations).

Once installed there should be a new menu option called "Tools" which will have the traffic toolbox under it, when you are in flight (ie load a flight and once it is loaded press ALT to bring up the menu bar).

www.antsairplanes.com

I have tried, and tried again.  Is there anyone who would be able to help me fix it via remote? 

The only thing that I want is for the default aircraft ables to be able to show the flight path of the AI Traffic like they do in Traffic Toolbox.

This document is located

C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Path>C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\MyTraffic\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
  <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Where is your FSX SDK installed to? The path must match, otherwise FSX is looking for a file that does not exist.

Brandon Filer

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK is also where a copy of that file is as well.  Any advice?

Is there any way that someone could give me some remote help?  I have tried, and tried to follow the directions, but it still isn't working.

You have double checked that the <Disabled> value is set to False for the traffic toolbox dll in the dll.xml, correct? Disregard, I just realized that you posted a copy of your dll.xml

What do you use for remote control? I could try helping if you have TeamViewer.

Brandon Filer

Does the fx tool and the object placement tool work? The fx tool should show up in a Tools menu (like the traffic toolbox should).

I don't expect they do as they refer to the C:Program Files directory and not the C:Program Files (x86) directory. In fact, only the last entry points to a valid location. Everything else points to the C:Program Files directory which is for 64bit programs only (FSX and SDK are 32bit only so they appear only in the (x86) dir).

Open up your dll.xml and replace everything with the following (you can make a backup first of your original if you like):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
  <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

This is basically the text from the SDK but the SDK has a couple of "-"s in funny places which may cause problems.

Also, be sure you have the most up to date SDK installed. If you have the original FSX version then you need to install the SDK and then both updates (you have to install both, one after the other). If you have Gold or Acceleration, again, check you have the SDK up to date.

www.antsairplanes.com

This link provides an excellent explanation on how to install the SDK correctly and will also tell you where to find the SDK on your Accel disk (notice how there are two SDKs on the Accel disk). Unfortunately MS were rather lax in their naming of the various SDK versions and it can be rather confusing about which version is which or what order they come in. The link will explain it though.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_(FSX)

Important to remember you need to install the original SDK first, then the two service pack SDKs on the Accel Disk.

www.antsairplanes.com

UPDATE:  I found a soultion to suit me.  I never did get the SP2 to work right, and don't care to.  The only thing I cared about is being able to see the flight path of AI aircraft.  I searched for answers online, and found that enabling them was just simply changing a 0 to a 1 in the FSX.config.  Thanks for the help and God Bless!

UPDATE:  I found a soultion to suit me.  I never did get the SP2 to work right, and don't care to.  The only thing I cared about is being able to see the flight path of AI aircraft.  I searched for answers online, and found that enabling them was just simply changing a 0 to a 1 in the FSX.config.  Thanks for the help and God Bless!

Wow, that's the exact opposite if what I read and was trying. That FSDeveloper wiki article was wrong! :unsure:

Brandon Filer

Hi Folks

The only thing I cared about is being able to see the flight path of AI aircraft. 

I searched for answers online,

and found that enabling them was just simply changing a 0 to a 1 in the FSX.config.

Wow, that's the exact opposite if what I read and was trying.

That FSDeveloper wiki article was wrong! :unsure:

Brandon -

Could you explain please

what aspect(s) of the FSDev wiki article is(are) wrong ?

ATB
Paul