Sign in to follow this  
jaccorn

Autopilot disengaging mid flight.

Just loaded 737ngx onto new computer. Autopilot diengaging mid flight. Aircraft not being controlled from this point. VNAV, LNAV and CMD functions are selected and are illuminated. N1, LNAV and VNAV SPD are being displayed at the top of the PD. CMD also displayed in PD top of artificial Horizon. My FSX files are located on an SSD which I have formatted and reloaded all FSX and PMDG files to try and fix problem but didn't work.   I have flown many hours on my old computer with no such isuues. Using latest edition FSUIPC, Win7 on an ASUS Z87-C Motherboard. CH Stick, Throttle and rudder pedals using individual motherboard USB ports(Not Hub).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

cheers

John Cornish

I hope someone answers. I too have reinstalled the PMDG 737 NGX on another computer and the autopilot will just keep flying past a way point. The autopilot does not disengaged just does follow the FMC programmed route.

I hope someone answers. I too have reinstalled the PMDG 737 NGX on another computer and the autopilot will just keep flying past a way point. The autopilot does not disengaged just does follow the FMC programmed route.

I'm still having this issue as well (see my post 'Aircraft Drifting off course'). I'm going to do a complete reinstall when I get home tonite of the NGX and see if I can get this fixed.

BTW, is there there a way to determine which version of the NGX you have? I have the original from a few years ago and am wondering if I'm having an issue with installing SP1c on top of this without doing the hotfixes first.

Thanks,

Mark

Well I did my reinstall and still have the same problem. I have flown KPHX to KDEN several times and somewhere along the route cruising at 29,000 feet the autopilot will get to a way point and just keep on trucking in the same direction rather than turn toward the new waypoint. The autopilot does not disengage, no warning lights etc. I go out of autopilot and steer the plane back into the direction of the next waypoint and then go back to autopilot and the autopilot always turns back away from the right direction. I am a loss as to what to do.

I'm going to look into this. I haven't done my reinstall yet.

I'm going to reinstall the base pack first, make my LA-SFO run, and then add the service pack.

I'll report back soon.

Mark

I have flown KPHX to KDEN several times and somewhere along the route cruising at 29,000 feet the autopilot will get to a way point and just keep on trucking in the same direction rather than turn toward the new waypoint.

It is important to know if it happens at the same place (before/at/after a specific waypoint e.g.) using the same plan?

Also:

Which Navdata source and Navdata cycle are you using?

Are you using a flight planner to export a flight plan to the PMDG flightplans folder?

Which flight planner program?

Is the exported flight plan in an XML format?

Are you loading the plan using CDU CO ROUTE or are you keying in each waypoint?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

HI thanks for any assistance.

I am using the latest Navigraph data 1311 I believe.

I used FSBuild to get the flight path off of a web planner tab

I input that data into Aivilasoft EFB to pick SID and STAR

This is my nominal way of doing business

The KPHX to KDEN route only has one waypoint so I entered it all by hand

About three fourths of the way there the aircraft ignored a turn to a new waypoint.

Yesterday I tried KSFO to KSAn a route that I have tried many times with no problem, this time the plane took off and VNAV went way, auto throttle was off, never could get ti back onto normal autopilot.

Before I switched to a faster computer I never had a problem with the PMDG 737 NGX autopilot but now after switching I have developed these problems. I have chosen the option to repair the 737 NGX installation have not reinstalled it. 

Hi,

What is your name?

"I have chosen the option to repair the 737 NGX installation have not reinstalled it."

You have more problems than just a missed waypoint?

Best Regards,

I just flew KSFO to KSAN and as the aircraft was climbing to TOC, 35,000 feet, about 2000 feet short of TOC, the aircraft started to descend, speed picked up until it entered the overspend zone but all lights indication for the aircraft were normal. Autopilot and author title on, VNAV LNAV on. I do not know what is happening. I cannot use autopilot to go to any destination.

George

George,

Screenshots of your panel and current FMC waypoint page(when the problem happens) and FMC (each page of your FMC route showing waypoints/speed/altitude) before departure would be very helpful in figuring out what's up.

Also a copy of your plan from  FSBuild. So other pilots could try flying the same one.

Why not let FSBuild do your SID/STAR? You mentioned you enter all in FMC by hand keying anyway.

Edit:

What is your OS on the new PC?

Best Regards,

Before I switched to a faster computer I never had a problem with the PMDG 737 NGX autopilot but now after switching I have developed these problems. I have chosen the option to repair the 737 NGX installation have not reinstalled it.

Exactly my problem. Uograded to a new Jetline system and did not have any of these problems with my older box.

Mark

Possible it's a case having the "AP disconnect if yoke moved" set in the FMC and getting yoke spikes causing AP disconnect?.

I'm going to look into this. I haven't done my reinstall yet.

I'm going to reinstall the base pack first, make my LA-SFO run, and then add the service pack.

I'll report back soon.

Mark

Have you compleded you new setup/install yet?

What is your new OS?

Best Regards,

Yes, and I've installed SP3. I just got half way thru KLAX to KSFO and the aircraft again drifts off course with all buttons lit (VNAV, LNAV and AP).

Now, figure this one out. I paused the sim, unpaused it and the aircraft begins following the track (magenta line). #####?

Mark

Ok,

What is SP3 for?

What is your new OS?

Best Regards,