Sign in to follow this  
SpeedBird219

EFB|2D|WX Radar|Taxi Cam|RAAS

For all you new posters out there who want to find some information about the PMDG 777X Base package!

-It will not have an EFB
-It will not have a 2D Cockpit-
-It will not have a Weather radar ( WX Radar)
-It will not have a taxi cam
-It will have RAAS included.

Hopefully this will clear a lot of stuff up, and answer the many questions that are asked daily on these forums.

Note to the Moderators and PMDG Staff: This thread is not intended to be mean, or angry hate to those who post these repeating questions. It is merely a thread which explains the FAQs. If this was the wrong thing to do, please lock/Delete this thread and notify me! I apologize in advance if it was the wrong thing to do, I intended to be helpful is all.

There are 2D-POPOUT panels. Like any other PMDG aircraft, like the NGX etc.

What I do not understand is these cams. I mean, when in FSX you are able to pop-up a new screen with a new view. Thus, maybe it must be possible to do the same pop-up idea inside the ND? I'm curious why PMDG left this feature.

For all you new posters out there who want to find some information about the PMDG 777X Base package!

-It will not have an EFB

Hopefully this will clear a lot of stuff up, and answer the many questions that are asked daily on these forums.

Note to the Moderators and PMDG Staff: This thread is not intended to be mean, or angry hate to those who post these repeating questions. It is merely a thread which explains the FAQs. If this was the wrong thing to do, please lock/Delete this thread and notify me! I apologize in advance if it was the wrong thing to do, I intended to be helpful is all.

Good  try but  afraid it's  not  going  to work though

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

What I do not understand is these cams. I mean, when in FSX you are able to pop-up a new screen with a new view. Thus, maybe it must be possible to do the same pop-up idea inside the ND? I'm curious why PMDG left this feature.

They have not left this feature out yet. This feature does not exist in the real 200LR only the 300 series. Wait and see if they include it with that before you say they have left it out.

Supposedly because it would be too heavy on the frames, would really affect it, and I can see that! Suppose one could turn it off, but still, sometimes best to leave it out!

I mean, when in FSX you are able to pop-up a new screen with a new view. Thus, maybe it must be possible to do the same pop-up idea inside the ND?

How does that logic works? Tell me, I am genuinely interested.

TacPack created a targeting pod that works, so it is possible, but as stated, taxi cam is not equipped on the -200.

Best regards,

Robin.

-It will not have an EFB

This is just as problematic as people posting genuine reqests (or trolling threads) for these features.  The forum is full of them (you don't even have to use the search function to see them) so your informational thread will just get lost in the noise.  You won't stop people posting along these lines and you risk encouraging more such posts.

Best thing is to ignore questions and threads you don't like and leave it to moderators to close the pointless ones.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Maybe add like: 

We dont know the release date.

We dont know if it is better than other products and we are not going to discuss this.

Plz add this and make this post sticky maybe it helps

Thanks

Timo

Just "poping up" a a new "view" as a separate window, is a built in feature of FSX.

Easy to do  -- anyone can do that at any time.

Putting a  view  (ie camera)   within a Gauge  in the VC is not easy to program  ( it is "outside the box" of the FSX SDK).

That's not to say it is not possible to do  (it has been achieved in a few other planes), but it takes significant extra development work.

Edit:  As previously mentioned, for example,   TacPack  is one addon that has developed this  feature.