Sign in to follow this  

Norway! UPDATED

Just tried all 3 downloads again a minute ago with Firefox and all worked fine and quite fast.

Hope you can resolve your problems which don't seem download server related.

Norway is now really looking great! I have everything installed and will start exploring this extremely beautiful country.

Ernst

Can I ask when you download is it using a "save as" feature of windows or are you using something like download manager?

I do use DownThemAll! in Firefox but the normal Save as... also works. It's very odd. I will PM you.

Jeroen,

thanks you so much for the hard work of putting the guide together. And of course thanks to all freeware authors who made the scenery in the first place.

I came across flighsim.no some time ago but I backed away from the language barrier ;-)

Same problem I had with Sweden. Is there a similar guide?

Jeroen, Thanks for putting this guide together, it made my life a lot easier!! Over the past few days, I have always flown to/from Norway to experience this great scenery. I'm sure I'll be flying there well into the future.

Thanks,

Same problem I had with Sweden. Is there a similar guide?

Not that I know, sorry.

Here are two screenshot topics with pictures from Norway, using this freeware with FTX Global textures, taken this week out of the VC of the A2A C172R: a great plane (if not the best) for this scenery!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/420677-not-enough-eyes-huge-pics/

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/420837-nothing-special/

Nice shots!

I found a guide in German for Southern Sweden. I'll try to extend that when I find some time and post an English version here.

I found a guide in German for Southern Sweden. I'll try to extend that when I find some time and post an English version here.

Just a quick heads up:

The scenery for Southern Sweden I talked about is currently not available for download, because Flightsim.se's file library is closed and will re-open this fall. However, the author of the SWED2011 SYD scenery will *not* re-upload the scenery in its current form until he has made it compatible with FTX-Global.

So much for that. I'm back to Norway for now! ;-)

AoN 3.5 and Photopack1 will be at FScom soon. I'm on dry land now (hurra!), back to my massive PC and massive speed (at least it feels like this after 4 weeks in nowhere; the north sea) ;-p

Here's my ride. Pic is from Shipspotting.com.

Vigdis2_zps22f0b595.jpg

Ha, that's a boat and a half :) Welcome home Loke :)

23.png

PS, Mosteen:

I get your drift, That ship has two bridges. We use the front one when offloading oil from just like nowhere in the middle of the nort sea. Sometimes from a buoy, sometimes from a FPSO (Floating Production & Stuff), and before in time, we just fished a hose up. We suck in approx. 730 000 barrels in 24 hours when weather permits.