Sign in to follow this  

Norway! UPDATED

Do you use UTX?  I get some weird elevation stuff there too that I think may be related to the use of UTX and/or the Norway mesh.  There supposedly was a fix from Aerosoft for what I'm seeing.  However, after installing that fix, it still isn't fixed for me.  Or, maybe I have done something wrong myself.  I actually get a small "hill" running through the taxiway and runway.  So, maybe that's what you're seeing too?

If anyone knows a fix for this, I'd be interested too.

As far as I know though, we have removed all we need to remove for ENVA as far as AoN files are concerned.  But, maybe I'm in fact missing something else I need to remove too.

I see the elevation problems without UTX. I removed Aersoft's ENVA for now.

I was able to fix FSDT ENBR by disabling Airports of Norway. There's a file in there that is causing the double airport. I asked the devepoer at fsdevelopers to see what he can help.

It's not named ENBR. It's another file.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

For scanning for duplicate files, there's a free tool available over at Scruffy Duck's site. http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/ Check the download centre and then the airport scanner.

It's especially useful if you have a lot of files to scan and/or if the devs haven't used clear names but cryptic designators, where a simple name based scan/search then would show no conflicts. But this free tool looks for the definitions themselves, so if you ever had doubts concerning a certain location, just enter the ICAO and even the most cryptically named files will show up if they do incorporate a definition for that airport in question.

Very helpful thing in my eyes. Mind you that some devs pick defining the airports with more than one file. So if you had duplicates from the same dev, that's likely to be by design whereas, in that ENVA example, some bgl files from Aerosoft and the freeware would force you to decide over which one to keep.

• Upvote 1

I see the elevation problems without UTX. I removed Aersoft's ENVA for now.

I was able to fix FSDT ENBR by disabling Airports of Norway. There's a file in there that is causing the double airport. I asked the devepoer at fsdevelopers to see what he can help.

It's not named ENBR. It's another file.

Interesting.  Do you see the same sort of thing at ENVA too?  With a big speed bump crossing the taxiway/runway?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Interesting.  Do you see the same sort of thing at ENVA too?  With a big speed bump crossing the taxiway/runway?

Look for a file in Scenery\World\Scenery folder, think there is a ENVA\Aerosoft file there left behind when uninstaling Aerosoft\ENVA.

I'm really enjoying Norway. The airports just work so well and have the right amount of detail, and don't cause performance issues. In fact the whole of Norway flies like a dream.

Fully agree!

We are fortunate to have a developer who is aware of - "the right amount of detail".

Thank you very much Andrew.

Fully agree!

We are fortunate to have a developer who is aware of - "the right amount of detail".

Thank you very much Andrew.

I especially find Andrews rendition of Gardemoen ENGM to be perfect... Relatively many details, fully correct layout, but stripped of performance eating unnecessary eyecandy. I love to look out the side window when taking off in the NGX, and seeing the airport go by SMOOTHLY! Love AoN more than Christmas ;-)

Mas

• Upvote 3

For scanning for duplicate files, there's a free tool available over at Scruffy Duck's site. http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/ Check the download centre and then the airport scanner.

It's especially useful if you have a lot of files to scan and/or if the devs haven't used clear names but cryptic designators, where a simple name based scan/search then would show no conflicts. But this free tool looks for the definitions themselves, so if you ever had doubts concerning a certain location, just enter the ICAO and even the most cryptically named files will show up if they do incorporate a definition for that airport in question.

Very helpful thing in my eyes. Mind you that some devs pick defining the airports with more than one file. So if you had duplicates from the same dev, that's likely to be by design whereas, in that ENVA example, some bgl files from Aerosoft and the freeware would force you to decide over which one to keep.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try the scanner to see if I can fix the elevation isses around ENVA.

I did fix Bergen by removing the br_ file. It was confirmed by the developer:

"The files should all be marked with br_ or enbr_"

So if anyone has FSDT ENBR, remove the files with br_ or enbr_ from the Airports of Norway Scenery folder for copatability.

Jose

I see issues outside of the airport, but I can't rule out what you see.

I will see what I can do to fix this and post ASAP.

• Upvote 1

After disabling NS_II and deleting enva files from the Norway package Aerosoft's ENVA looks fine.

This means that a bgl file in the NS_II folder needs to be disabled or removed. I can try removing one file at a time until I find the one, but I prefer to ask the creator of NS_II. If anyone knows what to do, you can save me the time.

Thanks.

Jose

It took a few minutes but I found the file in NS_II Scenery folder that needs to be removed in order for Aerosoft's ENVA to display properly:

Remove the file:

HP_5009_B_2.BGL

I also removed all the ENVA files from the Airports of Norway and the one ground file from AoN_Ground.

Now I can do some flying! :rolleyes:

DDJose: how does that affect the area sorounding ENVA?

I don't see anything around the area that sticks out as a problem caused by deleting the file, but I wuldn't know since I did not develop the scenery.

It would be great if someone who is familiar with the scenery can give us his/her thoughts on what I deleted.

My primary concern was the airport area and that has been rectified.

Jose

Airports of Norway is SO amazing! But I originally just downloaded the airports and mesh without the photopak. Now it seems the photopack isn't available from skydrive anymore? Only place I'm seeing it listed is flightsim.com but it's showing an abysmal 7 hour download(!). Is there any other link available?

Thanks!

Alex 

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Airports of Norway is SO amazing! But I originally just downloaded the airports and mesh without the photopak. Now it seems the photopack isn't available from skydrive anymore? Only place I'm seeing it listed is flightsim.com but it's showing an abysmal 7 hour download(!). Is there any other link available?

Thanks!

Alex 

Unfortunately I don't think so. It took me about 4 or5 hours to download. But it's well worth it. 

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Unfortunately I don't think so. It took me about 4 or5 hours to download. But it's well worth it. 

Correct on both accounts.

It took a few minutes but I found the file in NS_II Scenery folder that needs to be removed in order for Aerosoft's ENVA to display properly:

Remove the file:

HP_5009_B_2.BGL

I also removed all the ENVA files from the Airports of Norway and the one ground file from AoN_Ground.

Now I can do some flying! :rolleyes:

I removed the HP_5009_B2.bgl and still have the speed bump at my ENVA scenery by aerosoft. All else looks fine.

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64