Sign in to follow this  

Norway! UPDATED

There are some posts on the Orbx forum asking him to clarify, but no response yet.

John Venema said: - "Sim720 are still contracted to do NOS, yes."

I'll add my thanks too, Loke!!! I absolutely love your scenery and flying around in your country. I'd love to visit it in real life some day as it looks really BEAUTIFUL there!!! Thanks again so much for all your time and effort into making this for all of us to enjoy!!

I second that !!

Hi everyones,

I found the version 3 of the NSX II Lanclass and coastline here : http://www.flightsim.se/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4590&an=0&page=0#Post4590

It is suppose to be the last version.

Thanks to J van E to verify the files and update is first page (if he have the time to do it), because it is difficult to follow all the files changes even with the aid of Google traduction.

Michel

and update is first page (if he have the time to do it),

Unfortunately it's impossible to edit a post after some 2 hours or so... I created this 'new' topic because the previous one had become a mess (this one is called UPDATED but it actually was a brand new one) and that's why I asked everyone to post updates in red and bold but that didn't work out too well. ^_^

I could create a new topic but:

1. I (also) did lose track of all the available updates. All those updates seem to be scattered all over the internet, making it pretty hard to keep track of them all. Andrew posted a few updates in this topic already but there are various files and updates to updates and works in progress and within some time they will probably be updated too and combined into another update... so a new topic will probably be old within a week or two.

2. The fact that a lot of info is only available in Norwegian or Swedish doesn't help much either (the readme of NSX II only says there isn't an English readme LOL Luckily Google translate helps).

3. The NXS II files you linked to (and btw the link in the OP is still valid although the included files have changed!) comes with a readme that states some of the available files will be uploaded to Flightsim.com some time soon (I hope), so I'd rather wait until they are there before I start a new topic.

4. Add to that the fact that the new NXS II readme also mentions that someone called Thomas Berg seems to be working on an even better version of Norway (which was reason enough for the dev of NSX II to stop working in his addon!) plus...

5... the fact that Orbx is going to release Norway South somewhere at the beginning of 2014...

...and you may understand there are plenty of reasons to wait a while with starting a new topic. :P

I also have to say that I've got a working setup right now and Norway look nice and I personally stopped updating it already some time ago. I've grown a bit tired of keeping things updated this way. ^_^ I also get PM's every now and then from people asking about the Photoreal pack because the Flightsim server they are on now is slow and it takes 8 hours to download but well, there isn't much I can do about that and frankly, I don't really like to promote that slow site LOL So all in all I think that for the time being you will all have to work with the information that's available in this topic. B)

If you read the OP, then look for posts with red and bold text in them and finally check out all of Andrew's (Loki) posts, you should be good to go. (And maybe when I am in the mood anyway the coming days I might create that new topic after all LOL Unless someone beats me to it.)

P.S. Let's all hope those great freeware developers that are working on Norway right now will join forces and come up with ONE huge and awesome download: that would be best. ^_^ (Also because I am losing my confidence in the upcoming Orbx addon more and more...)

Is the photopack1 also available from a server other than flightsim.com?. Even being registered at FS i get really bad download rates and the 1,2GB file would take about 7-8h to download. Why not Avsim or something else?

Thanks.

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Is the photopack1 also available from a server other than flightsim.com?. Even being registered at FS i get really bad download rates and the 1,2GB file would take about 7-8h to download. Why not Avsim or something else?

Thanks.

It's only on flightsim.com... It's worth it though (well, unless you have to pay for every minute you are online... makes me think back to the nineties when I had my superfast 14k4 modem... those were the days... not ^_^ But I would have paid big bucks way back then if I could have downloaded 1 Gb in 8 hours! Obviously that would have been impossible because my superduper and very costly HD was around 640 Mb... :rolleyes: )

Thank you, J van E. 

but there are various files and updates to updates and works in progress and within some time they will probably be updated too and combined into another update... so a new topic will probably be old within a week or two.

:Big Grin:  :Big Grin:  :Big Grin:

Let's all hope those great freeware developers that are working on Norway right now will join forces and come up with ONE huge and awesome download: that would be best.

Yes, that would be awesome. A hit.   :drinks:

I had AON 3.4 and I have a new install since then.

IF I haven't got any of the AON installed currently. 

What do I download?

AON 3.51a 

AON Photopack 2? 

IS that it?

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I had AON 3.4 and I have a new install since then.

IF I haven't got any of the AON installed currently. 

What do I download?

AON 3.51a 

AON Photopack 2? 

IS that it?

Alex

I believe you need both the AON Photopack 1 and 2 as well as AON 3.51a.

• Upvote 1

What do I download?

You should download AoN 3.4 and Photopack1 (from flightsim.com), as we have been told that AoN3.5 and Photopack2 are not fully ready yet:

You will also find AoN 3.51a there, plus Photopack2. Those are still in development.

I believe you need both the AON Photopack 1 and 2 as well as AON 3.51a.

You should download AoN 3.4 and Photopack1 (from flightsim.com), as we have been told that AoN3.5 and Photopack2 are not fully ready yet:

Do we have to have the photopacks? My internet is not so fast and I have FTX global which I happy with. 

In otherwords, will the airports work on their own?

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Do we have to have the photopacks? My internet is not so fast and I have FTX global which I happy with. 

In otherwords, will the airports work on their own?

Alex

They are mandatory because a lot (if not all) of the photo real airports only have the taxiways etc. in the photo real textures. So if you don't download the photo real pack you CAN take off and so on but you won't see any taxiways and other ground textures: you will be driving on grass.

The changelog for AoN v3.51a says "ENHF, ENBV, ENHV, ENSS, ENSR is no more a part of AoN". But where can I download these airport sceneries? As separate files maybe?

Thanks!

Regards,

Victor Quebec

The changelog for AoN v3.51a says "ENHF, ENBV, ENHV, ENSS, ENSR is no more a part of AoN". But where can I download these airport sceneries? As separate files maybe?

Thanks!

I downloaded:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=16975684

Took ENHF, ENHV, ENSS, ENSR.  EMBV is no where to be found.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Thank you, DJJose, but your link doesn't seem to work... Can you pls check?

Regards,

Victor Quebec