Sign in to follow this  
motorgreg

"RETARD" alert after landing the 737 NGX

I was wondering..I am wanting to add the altitude alert when you had 10ft. to say, "retard" "retard" retard"....I found the sound, but I have been unable to attach it in the place of the original "10 ft.alert that is in place"........can anyone out there in simland advise me exactly how I go about replacing the 10ft. with this sound. I was able to replace it in my 747 queen of the sky pmdg and it works wonderfully. Please help......thankyou and God Bless.....more..I found the file on www.fspassenger.com under "sound" #2202 airbus grws...like I said it works great with my pmdg 747.....thanks again..motorgreg :huh:

I was wondering..I am wanting to add the altitude alert when you had 10ft. to say, "retard" "retard" retard"....I found the sound, but I have been unable to attach it in the place of the original "10 ft.alert that is in place"........can anyone out there in simland advise me exactly how I go about replacing the 10ft. with this sound. I was able to replace it in my 747 queen of the sky pmdg and it works wonderfully. Please help......thankyou and God Bless.....more..I found the file on www.fspassenger.com under "sound" #2202 airbus grws...like I said it works great with my pmdg 747.....thanks again..motorgreg :huh:

Hi Greg,

First of all please be advised it is a requirement that you sign your full name at the bottom of your post per this thread.

Just to let you know, the retard callout is not available, nor a customer option, on the 737. It is a solely airbus GPWS callout (hence why you found it under sound #2202 airbus GPWS).

But if you want to add it (doing so at your own risk, don't expect any support in the case that all goes wrong), you simply need to replace the .wav file in the C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Sound\PMDG\737NGX\CAWS folder and replace the PMDG_737_egpws_10ft.wav file with your own.

However, I suggest leaving it as it is to provide you with the most possible realistic sound environment as heard by real crew in the real 737NG aircraft. Afterall, PMDG are here to develop aircraft to provide the most-realistically possible aircraft for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Just something to keep in mind! :Thinking:

thanks for the advice...i got it to work perfectly in my pmdg 747.....i really enjoy that sound...have a great day...motorgref

i replaced the file and the time comes at 10ft...nothing...no sound at all...however when i check the replacement file it works perfectly...strange....nmmmm

got it!!!! works great! that retard sound really adds alot of realism....very pleased...took me a while to program it in there but it was a fun challenge and well worth it.....

Just for info: on Airbus "retard" callout is initiated at 10' while flying on autopilot and on 20' when flying manually. It's only a reminder as there is no servos on thrust levers of Airbus.

got it!!!! works great! that retard sound really adds alot of realism....

How does it add realism when the sound doesn't even exist on the 737 in real life?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

You need to buy an airbus,  we are Boeing over here.  Seems a bit pointless hacking a boeing to make it an airbus.

The most complete add on in history and people want to change it. :(

• Upvote 2

I really want to make one of my non simmer/aviation friends read a few posts on this forum, Its crazy, crazy I tells ya

@motergreg, little bit of random info, on the real bus, if you don't put the the thrust levers to idle in the flare it will keep shouting retard at you. Fun doing that in the sim :)

Rob Prest

@motergreg, little bit of random info, on the real bus, if you don't put the the thrust levers to idle in the flare it will keep shouting retard at you. Fun doing that in the sim :)

Done that many a times... My self esteem is severly wounded after being shouted at for 20 seconds while floating down the runway.

Done that many a times... My self esteem is severly wounded after being shouted at for 20 seconds while floating down the runway.

Why floating? If you leave thrust levers at climb gate, thrust will be actually at idle, but autobrake and ground spoilers won't work.

Why floating? If you leave thrust levers at climb gate, thrust will be actually at idle, but autobrake and ground spoilers won't work.

Because I disconnected the A/T (by setting donut up and then hitting the red button).

Its early here and I've just woken up however... Leave then in Climb gate and Autothrust will go to speed and shoot up to vapp? thrust doesn't go to idle. potential killer unfortunately

Rob Prest

Its early here and I've just woken up however... Leave then in Climb gate and Autothrust will go to speed and shoot up to vapp? thrust doesn't go to idle. potential killer unfortunately

Unless autolanding...but who autolands these days :He He: :He He: :dance:

Unless autolanding...but who autolands these days :He He: :He He: :dance:

Hehe, would love to see the surprise on Rostylav's face when he tries it manual!

Rob Prest