Sign in to follow this  
abic

JS41 panel problems

Bought recently PMDG JS41 on DVD and have problems to work with panel functionality. All 2-D popups for RMU, FMS, AP/FD and Ramp Manager are not working. I can call them up with the usual Shift+# command but none of the buttons etc are workable or are even recognized when tried to click on. I have reinstalled and downloaded the SP1 but no resolve. Looked at several forums but could find any hint for solution. It looks to me that some gau-files are missing which should not be on a hardcopy DVD. This way the plane is not flyable, i.e the screen of the RMU is not even visible to set NAV or ADF frequencies. This is at the moment a very frustrating experience of the buy from Aerosoft, where one can't even get any direct help from the seller.

Does anybody has some help?

My system: Win7-64, Intel I7-2600k, Geforce GTX760, 8 MB Ram allin all no low performance system , FSX with SP1 (with SP2 the JS41 is even CTD own activation).

Many thanks for some support.

Bernd

I believe you should post a trouble ticket to PMDG. They are great with issues and they are quick to respond. I wouldn't wait until the 777 releases for the simple reason they will be snowed. PMDG is good at getting back to you and may be able to tell you why this is happening. It could be as simple as sending them your CFG file and they can fix it. Give it a try and them come back if you can't get help. So far my J41 is flawless but I have the download version.  Good Luck, Cpt out.

Thank you rjmcgill,

You were right Paul from PMDG answered within one day and his advice allowed me to fix it. It looks JS41 is quite challenging to fly but have the feeling at the end very rewarding.

Thanks again,

Bernd

Thank you rjmcgill,

You were right Paul from PMDG answered within one day and his advice allowed me to fix it. It looks JS41 is quite challenging to fly but have the feeling at the end very rewarding.

Thanks again,

Bernd

I am having the very same problem ,except I downloaded my airplane from PMDG,the panel does not work,ramp manager is on strike I guess...how did you address this problem..HELP ME PLZ...

Dannipilot,

you should go directly to the PMDG support site " support.precisionmanuals.com", you have to register which is easy. There are articles about this or you ask for a ticket for help. Paul sent me the info which I still have but don't know how to forward to you.

If you send me an email I can try to mail it to you.

Hope it solves your problem.

The plane is really worth.....

Bernd

Dannipilot,

when you are on the PMDG support site and have registered, click on the Knowledge Base button (upper left), then in the search field select JS41 which then opens the articles. Click on the "J41 default flight related issues" and there you will find the information which helped me to solve the problem.

Good Luck,

Bernd