Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

Beta Video 2 - Requests, and More Tips and Tricks

Thanks Kyle I understand now keep up the great work I enjoy the way you explain things.

Can yomebody make a video of the engines tart outside view in the same position like the position in  thework) youtube videos?

dont forget its a "compressed" youtube video. You wont truly know until they make  a full upload (will take time to compress; they need that time to work)

so you will have to wait until its on your computer with your speakers

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Thanks Kyle I understand now keep up the great work I enjoy the way you explain things.

You're welcome.

Kyle Rodgers

Nice to know about this starting procedure. I've read it but a logn time ago FCOM1 before FCOM2 :P But I shought it was still START then CUTOFF or at the sametime so I guess it does not matter that much as compared to the 737NG where we had to wait a certain N2 Level. Anyway in any case when it gets out I'll be starting it following the NP section to make sure I get proficient and good with it. Thanks for all the tip :) 

And as I've seen on another thread and checked your profile very happy birthday to you :)

Yes.  I thought I mentioned it in the video, but there is a difference between newer Boeings (744/75/76/77) and the older Boeings in that the new ones use AUTOSTART.  When you use AUTOSTART, you flip the cutoffs prior to anything else start-related and the system manages all of it behind the scenes.  If you were to turn AUTOSTART off, you would utilize the method you are familiar with.

Just out of interest, where did you get this information from? It contradicts what I've read in the Boeing 777 FCOM where it says for an auto start, you first select the engine start selector to START, then position the respective fuel control switch to RUN.

Regards

I'm not going to talk about it for my own reasons, but if you look carefully, you might spot something.  That's all I'm going to say.

What's in the video is all I'm going to say on the particular feature.

Service based failures

Excellent stuff. Keep them coming please :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Just out of interest, where did you get this information from? It contradicts what I've read in the Boeing 777 FCOM where it says for an auto start, you first select the engine start selector to START, then position the respective fuel control switch to RUN.

Regards

While you're right, the main point is that you don't need to wait for max motoring to switch to RUN (as some have suggested).

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle...................

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Regards

That's what I'm going to do since that seems to be sop with most airlines.

Thanks Kyle, I learned quite a few new bits and pieces in this one too, great job ;) And, happy birthday mate :)

23.png

With AUTOSTART off, you would flick the fuel control switch on when N2 reaches max motoring (Which is when the acceleration of the N1 is at it's slowest, around 1% per 5 seconds).

For an AUTOSTART, The Fuel Control Switch can be moved to RUN during the engine start as soon as the CM2 has moved the Engine START/IGNITION selector to START. There is no requirement to wait for Oil Pressure, engine rotation or oil temperature.

With AUTOSTART off, you would flick the fuel control switch on when N2 reaches max motoring (Which is when the acceleration of the N1 is at it's slowest, around 1% per 5 seconds).

For an AUTOSTART, The Fuel Control Switch can be moved to RUN during the engine start as soon as the CM2 has moved the Engine START/IGNITION selector to START. There is no requirement to wait for Oil Pressure, engine rotation or oil temperature.

Meant N2, by the way. Unable to edit after long period time since posting.