Sign in to follow this  
andrew89898

My FSX crashes a lot, to do with my System

Hi, I have a new computer it's got a i5 4670k in it which I have been using to fly on fsx, unfortunately as I cannot currently afford a graphics card I have been using the intel 4600 integrated card and FSX still performs nicely, I will not be getting a GPU until christmas when I will probably get a GTX 770. Anyway so here's my problems, It's to do with DX9. When I play on DX9 the game can crash very sensitively If I played straight it may last a few hours so it is playable but if I tab out to do something (full screen one monitor need to flight plan and use other fsx related programs) it can crash, It also crashes after I do something in the menus say change the time, airport, aircraft or if I change the simulation rate to higher than 4 it needs to refresh the scenery and it crashes when I change it back. So basically after the flight starts I can't go out of it to any other fsx menu, Even just to change my settings or anything that stops the flight. In the event viewer it is always to do with igdumdim32.dll which is the driver for my graphics card. The annoying thing that I found out is that it all works on DX10 but dx10 is way worse than DX9 as some of my addons do not work with it and it generally looks worse to me. Also I can't recorder with fsrecorder on dx9 only dx10. So am I going to have to put up with this graphics card and wait til christmas or is there something which can solve my problems? If you guys need any more info like the crash reports, please ask, I can provide.

Thanks guys!

Edit: I also have just got the ENB Series mod and everything is amazing at night/dawn/dusk but in the day time the sky is way way too bright, Almost white. I haven't changed any settings. Also when loading the pmdg ngx while it does the countdown there is a lot of flashing. Also before flying in the model of the aircraft that's very bright too. How can I fix this?

probably get a GTX 770

Gee.  Santa is going to be very generous to you. You must have really been good!  :lol:

There is a known problem with FSX if you increase the simulation rate higher than 4 times.  That's even with a dedicated video card.  It sounds like you are running out of system resources (memory) when you have the simulation rate running and it will not allow you to do anything and not even click on the FSX Menu. 

In regards to your driver problem, the following link might be of some assistance - http://communities.intel.com/message/193119.

DX10 does not work with the ENB Series mod or that's what they are saying in the DX10 Forum here at AVSIM.

DX10 should provide you a performance boost but will provide no miracles to resolve other issues (like addon scenery or aircraft that are resource intensive).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10