Sign in to follow this  
bafuller23

msvbvm60.dll crash

Hi guys. I'm a new user in the forums. I have been using fsx for some time now. I have recently built a new system with an intel i5 4670k. My last system was an amd rig on which I had no issues. I have reinstalled fsx a total of 4 times with all addons. I cant for the life of me get rid of this msvbvm60.dll error. I have fsx aacceleration UTX GEX AND REX. I have tried with and without addons and the same error continues at random. PLEASE HELP. ... System Specs are i5 4670k 16 gig Kingston hyperx1600. Gigabyte z87 ud4 mb. Hd 7970. Installing fsx on its own drive. As stated before, the only upgrade was mb and processor. I have reinstalled window 7 64 3 times now also.

I cant for the life of me get rid of this msvbvm60.dll error.

See this link for possible solutions - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/msvbvm60-dll-not-found-missing-error.htm.  I just checked my system and the file is located in the Windows\SysWOW64 and the Windows\winsxs\x86.  There's a possibility you do not have the 64 bit version if you have the 64 bit OS or the 32 bit (x86) version if you have a 32 bit OS and it cannot find that particular version.  FSX and/or Windows is looking for a certain version.  Make sure you have Microsoft Visual C++ 2005, 2008, and 2010 32 bit version installed as FSX is a 32 bit program working in a 64 bit OS.  Windows will probably install the 64 bit version(s) through Windows Update.  Also make sure you run Windows Update.  It appears it is part of the Microsoft Visual package.  Microsoft Visuals are used by the developers to make sure their application installs as they intended.

Make sure too that you have Microsoft.net installed, versions 1.1 thru the latest 4.5.  FSX will use the 32 bit versions.  You can check the versions installed by looking in Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\then the versions.  There's also a folder for 64 bit versions but FSX will not be using those but maybe another program you have installed on your computer might.  In any case, it should install the proper version when you install any software, FSX and FSX addons included but every so often a glitch occurs.  Microsoft.net is used by FSX developers to make sure their product runs as intended including managing memory for the app.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I do not believe that native FSX  uses  VB  anywhere.

So it must be an addon that is causing msvbvm60.dll  to be evoked, and run incorrectly ?

Try backing up dll.xml   and exe.sml  and deleting originals,  or  just renaming the originals ( add a .orig extension maybe)

Do the same with fsx,cfg.   (so FSX build a new clean one on restart).

Try FSX then, loading say the MS default C172.

IF  that works,  you can start adding stuff back in,  till you find out what is causing the issue.

I just checked my system and the file is located in the Windows\SysWOW64 and the Windows\winsxs\x86. There's a possibility you do not have the 64 bit version if you have the 64 bit OS or the 32 bit (x86) version if you have a 32 bit OS and it cannot find that particular version.

Just to clarify, there is no x64 version of Visual Basic 6 or its runtimes.

However the x86 version of msvbvm60.dll should have been installed and registered when he reinstalled Windows 7 x64.

What is the exact error you are getting?

Does it say msvbvm60.dll is missing? Or says it is corrupted? Or not registered? Or can not find components?

You can try to manually register it by using RegSvr32.exe or you can try and redownload the redistributable from Microsoft. Microsoft Visual Basic Run-time Files Support. (run as admin)

Cheers.

Thanks for the replies. .. The error that im getting is an appcrash fsx.exe. faulting module MSVBVM.60.DLL . It actually subsided after updating .net frework to version 4.5. I was able to make 4 successful flights before the crash returned. Please clarify if your saying that I need both versions 32bit and 64bit for c++ and .net framework. If so I will try that when I get home. I am starting to beleive it is a driver issue as this is a new motherboard with a fairly new chipset. I just cant figure out how it ran without issues on my 1090t system. Dont get me wrong this intel chip will chew through all the other applications I have. I can run iracing wide open on 3. Screens without ant issues 85fps min. But the whole reason for the upgrade was soley for fsx. And ive been working with it for 3 weeks now and no luck. Thank you very much for your input and I will try these suggestions when I get off from work. Almost ready to try windows 8 lol.

You only need the 32 bit versions.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Guys I tried your suggetions I did have the c++ x86 versions. I did the repair options and still got an error last night. Albeit after 2 hours of smooth flying. I am thinking its faulty hardware or drivers at this point. I am new to intel and all tje driver software that goes with it. I have decided to try wondows 8 I had a copy overnighted last night and I will do a fresh install with minimal haedware no usb card readers no sound card minimal hardware. Hopefully this will eliminate my horrors of the past 3 weeks. Being new architecture and chipset the newer os will be more friendly. Thank everyone for ther time and patience with me you are all very knowledgeable. Is there a recommended install for fsx on windows 8? Or just the basic install fly reboot install fly reboot process.

Is there a recommended install for fsx on windows 8? Or just the basic install fly reboot install fly reboot process.

Good luck!  Check out the Windows 8 Forum here at AVSIM before installing Windows 8.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

To to to the bottom of this, I still think the key thing you need to do is find out what ADDON is calling msvbvm60.dll

Once you know that, you will be a lot closer to a solution.

I have decided to try wondows 8

Windows 7 is the best for FSX, i'm pretty sure this is the fix for msvbvm60.dll error: http://www.simforums.com/Forums/configuration-manager-not-running-vista_topic20345.html

Just download and run that update from first post.

More info here http://www.simforums.com/forums/solved-172-skyhawk-cd-issues_topic33395.html

Just try this before you go for windows 8, you will probably find there some more and new issues