Sign in to follow this  
greg0418

FS2Crew for P3D

Hi

I recently purchased f2screw for pmdg 737 ngx. I purchased it from the "Prepar3D" section on the fs2crew website. But all the manuals only give instructions for flight simulator x.

I am stuck at the point where I am supposed to "trust" the panel config for the aircraft. When I load the pmdg 737-800 after installing fs2crew, there is no option to "trust" the new panel configuration as was stated in the manuals.

I am assuming this is a problem with running on P3D. Can someone please tell me how to update my panel so I can open fs2crew using the click-spot detailed in the manual? Also, if there is specific documentation for running fs2crew on prepar3d, I would appreciate someone linking it for me. I have looked everywhere, even on the manuals page on the fs2crew webstite, and there are no specific instructions for prepar3d.

Thanks

FS2Crew works in P3D in game, but the installer and Config Manager do not support P3D.

You need to add the FS2Crew entries to the 800's panel.cfg file in P3D.

In FSX, this would be done automatically.

I assume you have FSX installed since the PMDG 737 NG installer doesn't support P3D either, so simply copy the PMDG panel.cfg files over to P3D.

Open the Panel.cfg file with Notepad to ensure they have FS2Crew entries on them.

If you need help, just shout.

That worked perfectly. Thanks for your help.

I just wish that the installer worked for p3d since I bought it from the "prepar3d" section of the website. Kind of misleading.

Actually, now I have a new problem. When I start fs2crew and click "run pf" under the cfg window as instructed in the tutorial, the game always crashes. I have followed all the instructions in the troubleshooting section for crashes, but nothing has helped.

Prepar3D has never crashed before. The only time it happens is when I run the pre-flight events or say "preflight checklist."

does anyone have any idea what may be causing this or how I can fix it?

Thanks

I believe that P3D does not have the "TRUST" screen.

So any addons  you install, will automatically be "TRUSTED"

Actually, now I have a new problem. When I start fs2crew and click "run pf" under the cfg window as instructed in the tutorial, the game always crashes. I have followed all the instructions in the troubleshooting section for crashes, but nothing has helped.

Prepar3D has never crashed before. The only time it happens is when I run the pre-flight events or say "preflight checklist."

does anyone have any idea what may be causing this or how I can fix it?

Thanks

Not sure about that one.  I know we have a lot of P3D users.

What does the error report say?

Are you sure you copied the panel.cfg file correctly?