Sign in to follow this  
Steingrobe

PMDG

Are we saying that ACARS in the 777'd EFB would be possible option to be integrated in the future?

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yes and no.

Depends on PMDG.

Hi There

Never Flown Online Before...And Is Great To Hear Some Is Developing ACARS And CPDLC, Which Was Missed The Entire Time...All The Best To The Developers And May We Get These Systems Soon

My Question Is That For Eg:- PMDG BOEING 777-200LR

Will ACARS Can Be Used From The Main Menu Of CDU OfThe PMDG BOEING 777-200LR....If Implemented..

As ACARS And SAT Options Used To Be Always Grayed Out..

Also Will The ATC, Flight Information And Other Ground Information Facilities In The Lower EICAS Will Be Operation After Implementing This System?

Thanking You

Sameer R Mankame

Hi There

Never Flown Online Before...And Is Great To Hear Some Is Developing ACARS And CPDLC, Which Was Missed The Entire Time...All The Best To The Developers And May We Get These Systems Soon

My Question Is That For Eg:- PMDG BOEING 777-200LR

Will ACARS Can Be Used From The Main Menu Of CDU OfThe PMDG BOEING 777-200LR....If Implemented..

As ACARS And SAT Options Used To Be Always Grayed Out..

Also Will The ATC, Flight Information And Other Ground Information Facilities In The Lower EICAS Will Be Operation After Implementing This System?

Thanking You

Sameer R Mankame

First we need to get in closer contact to PMDG as other publisher are on their way to create a CPDLC/ACARS service for their 3rd party aircraft via our plugin system to the client.

So its up to the development and PMs of the 3rd party software to say yes or no. We are ready to go into deeper discussion and preparing everything for this implementions.

Sascha, I'm sorry to sound a bit pessimistic, but is this pilot client even under development? Or is it planned? I just don't know where the idea came from or where it was discussed. Was there a VATSIM forum post I missed?

Hey,

yes we are currently in development and closed version 0.1, 0.2 and got more then 50% closed of V0.3 so we are on our way straigt to V0.4 where we got more detailed parts and features of the client structure.

You got already the link to the latest VATSIM forum posts as we had a blackout in the forums in the last 2 months and some parts have not been recovered yet.

I dont know if it would be available - but we deliver requested informations out of the client as well for the new ATSAW system:

Ay you can see (its Airbus sure) you got much more informations than TCAS will provide at the moment.

(TRACK/HDG, SPEED, CLM/DES, CALLSING, etc..)

Welcome!

Hugs and Rainbows Kyle, hugs and rainbows! LOL

Kacper Nowotynski

Wondering how the voice will be implemented in this? Joystick controller's in fsx are disabled and I have everything going through a registered version of FSUIPC. Thus I need (like fsinn is now) a way to key map so I can assign a keyboard key for the PTT button. Then I simply map my joystick button to that key. So anyone know?

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

scandinavian:

You are right with your impressions about the pilots in the network.

Please don't generalise like that. It is very small minority of pilots on Vatsim who cause problems but your post suggests it is the majority. It isn't.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

It is very small minority of pilots on Vatsim who cause problems but your post suggests it is the majority.

Eh...depends on your definition of cause and problem.  The vast majority aren't there to intentionally cause problems, but there are a ton who are drawn to events who:

-Don't pay attention in general

-Are off blabbing on their VA Teamspeak; or

-Just generally can't control their aircraft enough (or quickly enough) to really be in an event

You need little more proof than the video I already posted.  It's clearly manageable, as you'll note that scatter didn't cause any CAs for me, but that's mostly because I stratify the altitudes a lot more than I would in the real world...specifically because I know the general caliber of sim pilots.

Don't get me wrong, there are some who are great, and many who want to learn, but the quality really isn't there in some cases to the point where I'd relax my scan to a more real world level to accomplish other tasks.

Kyle Rodgers

Please don't generalise like that. It is very small minority of pilots on Vatsim who cause problems but your post suggests it is the majority. It isn't.

Dont get me wrong - I am talking about the voice and micro issues. All the time I am on the network as a controller or pilot I got nearly 30 % of users who have not proper adjusted their sound, has bad quality of sound hardware - whatever, they are not clearly to read. Best example is, people are using no headsets instead of a stand alone micro in front of them... :). Thats what I mean...at the end, a big training for the users who are using CPDLC is needed, as its more then just sending some SMS from their airframe. So we are about to create a PRO and AMATEUR version which means the controller get informed if CPDLC is active on this ACFT or not, which comes automatically as well as an option in the PRO version only. You can easily switch via the options menu between the modes.

Eh...depends on your definition of cause and problem.  The vast majority aren't there to intentionally cause problems, but there are a ton who are drawn to events who:

-Don't pay attention in general

-Are off blabbing on their VA Teamspeak; or

-Just generally can't control their aircraft enough (or quickly enough) to really be in an event

You need little more proof than the video I already posted.  It's clearly manageable, as you'll note that scatter didn't cause any CAs for me, but that's mostly because I stratify the altitudes a lot more than I would in the real world...specifically because I know the general caliber of sim pilots.

Don't get me wrong, there are some who are great, and many who want to learn, but the quality really isn't there in some cases to the point where I'd relax my scan to a more real world level to accomplish other tasks.

Probably doesn't help either when your a frequent flyer/controller in the US. Just on the few flights I do over there, it is a considerably noticable difference in the amount of 'newbies' and people with no idea compared to the likes of Australia etc. (Obviously due to the fact that there are simply more pilots and controllers in the US, so therefore new pilots are attracted to those areas with lights lit up).

There was always seems to be that person flying AF1 with no idea etc. etc. (Probably doesn't help when your home ARTCC is controlling the home base of AF1 :He He: ^_^ ).

Eh...depends on your definition of cause and problem.....

You need little more proof than the video I already posted.

Without audio and text visibility it's impossible to tell what the root cause of the problem was and we don't have the pilot's side of the story either. I'm only going on 9.5 years and about 5,000 hours on the Vatsim network (worldwide) and my perception is that it's a tiny minority who cause issues (of whatever type), it's not always of their doing yet they get the blame anyway. It isn't just pilots with badly tuned mic's, low skill levels and abysmal communication abilities.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Steingrobe,

Contact us *after* the 777 release. This is literally the worst possible time to be sending Robert stuff - we've been in hardcore testing/fixing mode for several months now and we're just way too busy to respond to something as detailed as this.

If VATSIM is really going to implement a standardized system for ACARS and CPDLC I'm sure it's something we'd be interested in supporting. Just ask after we're done with the "crunch mode" part of development here.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

As a complete ACARS and CPDLC system is one subproject which will be integrated into the VATSIM network, we would like to connect this feature to 3rd party developer like PMDG, Aerosoft and FSL. CPDLC system will start with the release of the new VATSIM pilot client and as well the ATC client will be updated to be fully integrated into the new service....but on the other side, it will be very quite on the COM frequency at events like Cross the Pond :)

This could be the software that gets me online?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Steingrobe,

Contact us *after* the 777 release. This is literally the worst possible time to be sending Robert stuff - we've been in hardcore testing/fixing mode for several months now and we're just way too busy to respond to something as detailed as this.

If VATSIM is really going to implement a standardized system for ACARS and CPDLC I'm sure it's something we'd be interested in supporting. Just ask after we're done with the "crunch mode" part of development here.

Cheers,

many thanks for your information.

Maybe you can provide me with any kind of email adress etc as a PM for getting a close line to you "after" the T7 release :).

So far best wishes for the T7 as we all are getting curious about it for the next CTP.

Kind regards,

Sascha Steingrobe