Sign in to follow this  
cloudswimmer

Megascenery Earth California Released

The plan is to address major issues with the existing scenery while at the same time, add new areas and countries to the line-up. So it's a case of several things being worked on at once. I'll keep pushing the MSE project manager for the major fixes however :)

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Got NJ, PA, DE 30% buying up northeast as it remaining region do not got. Australia, Mexico, Canada be the countries I want, nothing in Europe interests me as got xplane 10 with photoreal europe for free for most part

I'll keep pushing the MSE project manager for the major fixes however :)

Good to hear, thank you!

Any idea when the countries which will be covered with MegaSceneryEarth will be announced? //never mind, I read the email again and it said that will happen in October. 

I don't fly much in the US so I have bought only a couple of MegaScenery products there, however Europe, Asia, Africa, for all of those I'm definitely going to buy whatever gets released.

There *is* such a tool. But I think within the context of how I interpret your comment, there is no such tool. Existing BGL files of this type cannot be edited. Your only option would be to download the raw source and work on that, to create a new BGL file to override the existing BGL file within the Scenery Library.

Thanks meshman.  Good info to know.  I was dreaming....

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I received mine, it makes my system very slow. but worst is that it megaearth packages have poor resolution. All i can see at 3000 ft is blurry land with no images whatsover clear.

I cannot believe this company is selling with tall and false claims of photo real.

better deal is to for the free proxy tile app which pulls google earth on the fly. that too has poor resolution below 1000 ft, but is free.. why pay $40 to buy this product

A lot of people, like me, like the photoscenery.  It is not blurry for me nor is it blurry in the promotion pictures on their sales site.  Blurry textures equals high settings.  Make sure you set your settings as recommended by the developer.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I received mine, it makes my system very slow. but worst is that it megaearth packages have poor resolution. All i can see at 3000 ft is blurry land with no images whatsover clear.

I cannot believe this company is selling with tall and false claims of photo real.

better deal is to for the free proxy tile app which pulls google earth on the fly. that too has poor resolution below 1000 ft, but is free.. why pay $40 to buy this product

You will need to adjust some graphics settings, because you should be able to get clarity just like the screenshots we post. There are no tricks or gimmicks on the screenshots. These are what we get straight out of FSX with the MSE photoscenery. No false claims, no tall stories, no conspiracies. Check the various documentation available and try some graphics setting changes and you should notice a large improvement in clarity.

Dean

I appreciate MSE v2 and have all the US states.

Unfortunately, Long Island is an exception and is a very very bad :

gul5.jpg

For this area, I have kept MSE N-Y v.1 in my library (with higher priority).

GTX 1660 Ti

Does anyone else have this problem with Long Island (MSE New York 2.0). Support, as usual, is non-existent at MSE; they are ignoring my e-mails.

http://btfy.me/xy3kct

This is a known issue. basically, its the source imagery. When we get access to better, updated and improved imagery, we will provide free updates to MSE 2.0 NY owners. Unfortunately, NY is probably one of the most inconsistent states int he entire range in terms of imagery availability, but as mentioned, as soon as we get access to better quality stuff, we will update (the availability of this improved imagery is out of our hands however - so it is a waiting game for us too).

Dean

For this area, I have kept MSE N-Y v.1 in my library (with higher priority).

What does the v1 scenery look like for Long Island? Could you post a screenshot?

Wow...that looks pretty good. What's the resolution? Why don't they just offer their earlier product to their 2.0 customers who would like to fly over scenery that isn't striped and coated in cream cheese?

Thanks for the pic.

Wow...that looks pretty good. What's the resolution? Why don't they just offer their earlier product to their 2.0 customers who would like to fly over scenery that isn't striped and coated in cream cheese?

Thanks for the pic.

Version 1 and Version 2.0 have totally different developers, hence this is not possible.

Dean