Sign in to follow this  
sjed

Any news on an FTX Global uninstaller yet?

I'm guessing you don't have any of the Orbx regional sceneries; compared to them, FTX Global is very ho-hum.

But the regional sceneries cover only a small part of the world. I installed FTX Global because it makes GEX very ho-hum.

Firstly, virtually every commercial product comes with an uninstaller, so it's FTXG that's out of step.

True, but even then a lot i(f not most) uninstallers lave a lot of junk on the PC and don't uninstall properly or completely. As someone already said elsewhere even the GEX uninstaller doesn't do a good job UNLESS you first the read the manual and take some mandatory steps: a lot of people don't read manuals and think an uninstaller will do the job.

About giving FTXG a try, as some say: would you try something for 90 bucks? I wouldn't. I would either buy it and use it or noy buy it (and not use it). As I said before, buying an addon for 90 dollars and then uninstalling it because you don't like it doesn't sound like a job well done. (Uninstalling it to check something is a completely different story.)

Having all said that: Orbx should have included an installer from the start, obviously. If they had 1. included an installer and 2. not included untested night lighting, everyone would have been full of praise about the product. Take note that most people who aren't too positive about FTXG, are those who don't own it (yet).

But the regional sceneries cover only a small part of the world. I installed FTX Global because it makes GEX very ho-hum.

Actually the regional sceneries cover a large part of my FSX world. The other parts they don't cover were actually closer to real life with GEX, so I had to remove FTX Global (easy for me since I used Acronis True Image before the FTXG install).

The other parts they don't cover were actually closer to real life with GEX

Majority of the tropical areas such as Southeast Asia were dramatically improved thanks to FTX Global, with GEX and default they simply look way too dry. For Southeast Asia it even includes better landclass and custom textures by default. 

Anyway rest of the areas will be corrected in OpenLC packs I'm sure, then FTX Global will be a clear winner in all areas. 

Actually the regional sceneries cover a large part of my FSX world. The other parts they don't cover were actually closer to real life with GEX, so I had to remove FTX Global (easy for me since I used Acronis True Image before the FTXG install).

I like Pepsi!

But your right. The Regions are huge. Well...to us GA guys who spend time below 20,000 feet at 200 TAS or less. Old retired dudes that like 5 hour long NGX flights at FL360 won't agree. This is something that is rarely qualified when discussing favorites.

C.

The Regions are huge

Wales isn't.

I have the idea they are getting smaller... Then again, Norway South will be pretty big but still not HUGE imho, not even for a GA flyer.

Ya... PNW+CRM+NRM+PFJ = 600 miles x 600 miles and 1000's of improved airports. Simply the best. Custom landclass, mesh and textures = unequalled.

Now I have FTXG and UTX and will explore the East Coast a little though. Until Socal arrives! OMG I can't wait!

C.

Ya... PNW+CRM+NRM+PFJ = 600 miles x 600 miles and 1000's of improved airports.

This is where I spend 99% of my time in FSX. The other 1% is spent in northern Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta and as I have already stated, GEX represents that area better than FTXG. Once the openLC pack arrives for North America, I'm sure I'll be giving GEX the boot like so many already have!

This is where I spend 99% of my time in FSX. The other 1% is spent in northern Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta and as I have already stated, GEX represents that area better than FTXG. Once the openLC pack arrives for North America, I'm sure I'll be giving GEX the boot like so many already have!

I own both and found GEX did not do well around Calgary for me. CYBW specifically was surrounded by forest for some reason.

But other parts of Alberta I cannot speak for. NRM agricultural looks almost perfect. I fly over it in real life many times. The error in what's below me in other provinces is not FTXGs fault. It was wrong in GEX and it was wrong in FTXG. Forest is called and its what you get. You must be using a land class product to make Manitoba look right.

Idea time..... Screenshot a spot and we can compare. Give me altitude and position. LC product you have with GEX. I'll install same with ftxg. We should check it. I own both and don't support either one way or the other to be honest.

C.

Wales isn't.

I have the idea they are getting smaller... Then again, Norway South will be pretty big but still not HUGE imho, not even for a GA flyer.

The region after WLS was SAK - some 480.000 sq km, IIRC.

And now we're back to a very small ORBX region called FTX Northern Ireland - a bit of touch'n'go as far as value for money is concerned ...

Take note that most people who aren't too positive about FTXG, are those who don't own it (yet).

Yes, but it equally strikes me that those that are most enthusiastic about it seem to be a bunch of kids who approach every new product like teenage girls screaming at the latest manufactured boy band with about the same level of thought behind it. 

Your mention of price is a very valid one, although it's been well aired before.  It seems that FTXG brings most improvement in remote areas of the world not covered by other products.  As I barely have time to fly locally, that's of no benefit to me at all, so value for money is limited.

ngxu_banner.png

It seems that FTXG brings most improvement in remote areas of the world not covered by other products.

That's the good point of it at the cost of  one price  it covers all your area of  flying

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Whether it's a good point depends on how you fly: I don't fly in the areas where is delivers most benefit so its value to me is minimal.

ngxu_banner.png