Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

Coming soon: FTXG freeware airport packs

Don't know if I can quote all the message, but here is the link.

(You must login to read)

It just keeps getting better.

Hopefully the uninstaller and DX10 fixes are soon released, and (some) people calm down.

Cheers.

One in the eye for all those who are tying to knock this product, for whatever agenda. No one else gives this kind of instant added value to an add on. Fantastic.

It's "freeware airport packs for FTX Global", so they are probably made to work with FTXG

It's "freeware airport packs for FTX Global", so they are probably made to work with FTXG

All FTXG does is overwrite your default FS textures, so I'm not sure why you would need it to operate an airport, although the textures might not match up nicely.

Of course they may have locked the installer so that you need an FTXG key to install the airports, but that is a different matter (please note I haven't read the offical Orbx announcement yet).

I'll test them out and report back!  

Did you have a chance to test them, if so what do you think, do they work outside FTX-G?

I've never used the "upgrades" that they have added to default airports within their scenery packages.  Will this be worth dealing with?  Can anybody say what those current packages add to the airports to "upgrade" them?

Applause and kudos to ORBX.  To bring some better looking FREE upgraded airports to FTX Global?  WOW!  And free?  Double WOW.  Thanks to Mr. Venema and the crew at ORBX.  FTX Global alone 'brought me back' to FSX from XPX.  That and the NGX.  Frame rates and performance are decent!  Did I mention REX Essential HD?  All things considered, FSX in my eyes has been nearly reborn, thanks to ORBX and some other devs... by that I mean the default textures globally have been replaced by FTXG- and that's a VERY good thing.  FTX makes flying totally enjoyable again, and the realism has been stepped up several notches.

Then, I disovered Garmin Pilot Electronic Flight Bag (for iPad and Android).  OMG.  If it gets much better, I'm quitting my day job.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

I've never used the "upgrades" that they have added to default airports within their scenery packages.  Will this be worth dealing with?  Can anybody say what those current packages add to the airports to "upgrade" them?

You could check the freeware addon airports ORBX have already released for their regions:

http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html

I've never used the "upgrades" that they have added to default airports within their scenery packages. Will this be worth dealing with? Can anybody say what those current packages add to the airports to "upgrade" them?

They're basically updated defaul airports. They use default libraries and stuff from Orbx libraries.

In the end they are certainly better then default but more in the sense of a really good AFCAD update with some custom stuff but not high quality.

The SAK airports even had people flow. Not sure if these will or won't.

Although I own PNW, I am only running with FTXG.  This is a nod to frames.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

In some instances the default FSX airports look slightly more disjunct from surrounding terrain than they did with default FSX textures (there are a couple of examples in the ORBX forum).

I'm sure this is an effort to remedy that; no small effort, I'm sure.