Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Orbx Northern Ireland Released

If you can't access the file Chris, PM me with your email addy and I shall send you a copy. Think you may need to be registered to access support.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Dear Flighty Fellows, :huh:

My humor seldom makes me laugh either... however:

Take it easy on each other in here, lest the gods become angry and sic vengeance on you!

Kind regards,

Where do I get this hotfix? I have no intention of joining the ORBx forums, so it needs to be available somewhere else.

The problems that I have noticed are a big "ridge" of terrain to the north east of EGAA Belfast Aldergrove (which has buildings rising up steep slopes, and others hanging over the edge of cliffs), and also a couple of big, raised "ridges" in the hills south of Londonderry. There could be more elsewhere, but I haven't had the time to go exploring yet.

Hi Christopher,

I don't want this to sound rude but why wouldn't you register in the forums so as to get support immediately from ORBX?

It just seems strange to have to rely on others to send you patch files and hotfixes when you can get it directly from the ORBX website.

Just sayin'

I will think about it....

By the way, the hotfix seems to have sorted the terrain anomaly problem :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

(...)

It just seems strange to have to rely on others to send you patch files and hotfixes when you can get it directly from the ORBX website.

(...)

+1: Most of the time developers forbid for people to distribute copyrighted files ...

If you can convince me that constructive criticism (when it is warranted) is permitted on the ORBx forums, then I may think again. I have no time for forum moderators or site owners that censor anything even remotely critical, or ban people for nothing (and I have personal experience of the latter on another forum).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

If you can convince me that constructive criticism (when it is warranted) is permitted on the ORBx forums, then I may think again. I have no time for forum moderators or site owners that censor anything even remotely critical, or ban people for nothing (and I have personal experience of the latter on another forum).

I agree with Hirdy2013.  "I don't want this to sound rude but why wouldn't you register in the forums so as to get support immediately from ORBX?"

Why criticize is in the first place?  Just ask a question, and they will answer it. 

Just register, then you can surf the forum for all of your answers without even asking a question.  I've asked one question, along with pictures of my problem, and in less than 24 hours I was given the solution.  Other than that, just surf and you will find so much great info.  I found good info and fixes without asking a question.

Rod

Rod Beck

Just register, then you can surf the forum for all of your answers without even asking a question. I've asked one question, along with pictures of my problem, and in less than 24 hours I was given the solution. Other than that, just surf and you will find so much great info. I found good info and fixes without asking a question.

Same here. If you just join up for the forum, and only post when you need help, then it isn't a problem. I posted a support issue, and within an hour it was resolved, can't get better than that for me. The only time they censor or delete stuff is if you are rude or criticize their products.

However, the forums themselves are a waste of time if you want a serious discussion. It's mostly the same screenshot posting, and massively over-reacted praise and a-licking for the screenshots and product reviews. It gets incredibly annoying when somebody posts (what looks to me a fairly ordinary screenshot, e.g. The Northern Ireland previews), and you get comments like "OMG, that's amazing" "WOW absolutely stunning, my credit card is ready". :-)

It gets incredibly annoying when somebody posts (what looks to me a fairly ordinary screenshot, e.g. The Northern Ireland previews), and you get comments like "OMG, that's amazing" "WOW absolutely stunning, my credit card is ready". :-)

Are these real ###### comments or posted by the team themselves? Not an uncommon practice these days in many online businesses but I hadn't thought it had reched FS yet.

Usually it is not the drooling comments but statements like "I have my cc ready" or "This is worth every cent IMO" which are a dead giveaway. Because they show that the commentator is thinking about MONEY NOT FLIGHTSIMMING ...

That's quicker than I thought...!!! They certainly weren't creating a buzz about this one. I'll pass too though, just as I passed on Wales and Scotland. I will be waiting patiently for Norway South and until then FTXG is good enough for me.

You passed on Scotland!? It's almost as beautiful as Norway m8t!

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!