Sign in to follow this  
Filmogriter

Runt-time error 9

HI everyone,

I am experiencing a frustrating problem at uncontrolled airports when selecting CLR by FSS. RC4 shuts down after the phone call is made and I am told to wait. The erro it gives me is as follows;

Run-time error 9

Radar.Contact.fsuipc.rcv4code

I have read the forums here and came across a possible solution of making sure my makerunways.exe is up to date. I downloaded it and ran it as described in that thread but this has still not fixed the problems.

If anyone has any solutions to this it would be much appreciated as I fly out of a lot of small airfields and cannot use RC4 when I do.

Cheers,

Sean.

Thanks for your reply John.

Yes I do have the latest FSUIPC (downloaded just a few days ago). I also seem to have (in addition to the above), a massive delay between instructions and keystroke options. For example ATC gives me take off clearance and no option to respond appears on the menu for sometimes up to a minute, maybe even more. This also happens when I respond or acknowledge. The voice response is extremely delayed.

I did have to re-install FSX a couple of weeks back due to atc.dll crashing the program all the time. Could that have something to do with the run time error?

Cheers.

RT error 9 means subscript out of range. It could be several data items.

Have you made any changes to f4.csv, script files, voice files, etc.? Have you tried other uncontrolled airports and flight plans? Do the frequencies display OK on the RC controller page (but not all since it is uncontrolled)?

Just run a default aircraft in FSX at default airports with RC and no other add-on running to insure it is not a performance issue, aircraft, or scenery issue.

Insure by checking the size, date, and time of r5.csv in your FSX folder and r4.csv in your rcv4x\data folder match to insure the file was copied OK. Remember the scenery rebuild must be run from within RC. If you are on a network where RC is on a client to an FS host, be sure you first run makerwys.exe in your FS folder directly first and then run the RC scenery rebuild.

You can also submit a log. See the pinned topic. That should state at what point the failure occurs.

make a log and send it to me. also check you .pln file. make sure there isn't any non alpha, non numeric characters in the gate field.

be sure you click debug, before you load you plan

duplicate the problem, and send me the log file, zipped

jd

Thanks for the responses guys. I re-installed RC4, then rebuilt the data base and that seems to have fixed the problem. If it happens again I will let you know and do a log file. I think doing a re-install of FSX after the atc.dll fatal errors may have had something to do with it.

RC4 is a great program and worth every cent. It's frustrating to have to fly without it these days.

Cheers

Sean.