Sign in to follow this  
fsxflyer

2D Cockpit.?

Hello, I know it's probably been asked before, but is there gonna be a 2D cockpit on the 777.? I know most of you simmers will probably not want it, and I do agree the VC on the 777 look immensely good.! But for me, when using the 2D cockpit I get better frames.

Thanks

Nathan Green

Call me over-suspicious but I feel like this question is being asked so frequently by these "new members" just to "stir the pot". 

I swear that there must be at least one "will there be a 2D panel" question per week. I am fairly new to the forums but it did not take much effort on my part to realize that the 2D panel question had already been beaten to death and then some. Either these people are completely oblivious or are indeed trying to stir the pot, IMHO. 

Once again. No 2D. 

Cheers. 

I'll give this one about 20 minutes

IBTL

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

As has already been answered and discussed to death in these forums. No 2D cockpit but there will be 2D popups for things like the CDU and MCP...

John Sturm

Yes the 777 will have a fully functional 2D cockpit. I used the search function of the forum to find that out. Give it a shot to explore and learn.

This statement is completely misleading.

The 2D portions PMDG decided to include ARE fully functional, but the entire cockpit is NOT fully functional in 2D.

The aircraft has the CDUs, MCP, COM, and PFD/ND/EICAS/lower MFD displays available in 2D. (From what I've seen. I'm not a 2D user so haven't really used any of the available panels)

This was a completely sarcastic reply to the OP.  I never would have thought it would get past you, Sir.  

This was a completely sarcastic reply to the OP. I never would have thought it would get past you, Sir.

Then put a smiley or something.

In the world of text we can't hear how something is said.

Surely you know this by now in these forums.

Keeping information clear is more important then bashing in a new member.

Everyone was new once.

And don't call me sir. :)

Keeping information clear is more important then bashing in a new member.
Everyone was new once.
And don't call me sir. :)

Is Shirley better?  Love that movie.  :lol:  <- there's your smiley.

I think they need bashing.  Either that or a sticky that says "SEARCH THIS FORUM BEFORE POSTING".  To each their own.  You may not like sending snide sarcastic remarks to a member who could clearly have found out this info easily by searching first, but on this 777 forum that I follow every day, it's pissing me off when I have to click through garbage threads to get to my good stuff.  I'm sure you can relate.  

No 2D However Im thinnking of tinkering with my copy of the 777  and install a 3rd party panel and if it works Ill share the instructions with you guys

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Maybe the "Make a new post" button should direct-link to a "Search this forum - here's how" thread, which eventually leads to a real "Make a new post" button which you have to press the search button to get to.

Then put a smiley or something.

There was a guy here who asked how realistic the 777 is going to be. I said that it would include the default Cessna's engines, sounds, systems, visuals and range. He got mad and told me off. I learned that I should probably use a smiley since people sometimes can't read humor...

t's pissing me off when I have to click through garbage threads to get to my good stuff.

I get email alerts from the PMDG forums. I read the OP and if I don't want to reply I just hit the delete button. Saves me from experiencing high blood pressure and facepalming because people can't read the manuals/tutorials for a situation that is well documented, want to stir the pot, ask for a release date, or want to share real-life pictures and videos that I could look up myself.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The 2D portions PMDG decided to include ARE fully functional, but the entire cockpit is NOT fully functional in 2D.

The aircraft has the CDUs, MCP, COM, and PFD/ND/EICAS/lower MFD displays available in 2D. (From what I've seen. I'm not a 2D user so haven't really used any of the available panels)

Yes I think that sums it up nicely!

And I for one am really happy they did those panels in 2D.

It might not be the whole cockpit, but you can do pretty much everything with those panels you need for normal flying. (flight instruments and navigation, Autopilot and FMC)

So I would almost say, yes it has a 2D cockpit, except for those elements not required for normal flight (overhead panel and pedestal).

You just need to undock the panels/displays to where you want them..e voilla :-)

Rob Robson