Sign in to follow this  
CaptCraig

EZDok & The NGX/PMDG aircraft

When you are in the NGX and pull up the EZDok menu, what aircraft does the EZDok menu say you are in?  It should at least say '737'.

I've been using the EZDok and NGX for about 2 months now and I have had 0 issues.  It saves all of my camera views and vibration profiles automatically.  Have you tried loading someone elses camera profiles and see if those save?

It does say 737.  I love EZdok a lot.  And re-importing my effects profiles isn't getting on my nerves yet I just want them to stay.  Hmm no I haven't tried other configs.  I'll try that out.  

Yeah, try importing someone elses views.  That is what I did and never had any issues.  I just took other peoples cameras and vibration profiles, loaded and tweaked them to my liking.  Just took this quick shot of my EZDok so you can see mine.  Head over to the EZDok Forums on simforum and there is a thread where people uploaded their camera settings for download.

sv03gy.jpg

Also, after setting up in the EzDok Studio window, do not use that window's file/close menu to close the studio. That closes the window, shuts down EzDok and does not save settings. Close the window with the red cross upper right of window, and continue flying. I have then found all my PMDG and other plane profile settings stick.

Robin Harris

Also, after setting up in the EzDok Studio window, do not use that window's file/close menu to close the studio. That closes the window, shuts down EzDok and does not save settings. Close the window with the red cross upper right of window, and continue flying. I have then found all my PMDG and other plane profile settings stick.

This is a good point and one I forgot to mention.  The 'EZDok Camera Addon' window should always be open - never close it.  When you open menus within the EZDok program you must use the little 'X' button at the top right of that menu window you opened.  Again, and just like in my screenshot, you should always leave that program window open (it doesn't have to be on top, of course).  If you close it than EZDok will close and not save settings.

If you close it than EZDok will close and not save settings.

Wait.  This might be it.  I've never closed using the file menu, only using the red x.  BUT you say to never close it using the x in flight either?  Whenever I pop open EZdok from the task tray when I'm done fiddling I close using the X instead of just clicking back in to FSX.  

Wait.  This might be it.  I've never closed using the file menu, only using the red x.  BUT you say to never close it using the x in flight either?  Whenever I pop open EZdok from the task tray when I'm done fiddling I close using the X instead of just clicking back in to FSX.  

I never close the main EZDok menu once FSX has started - not in-flight or anytime.  If I want to change a view or something with the EZDok menu I just pop up the program window - either from the task bar or using the FSX Menu (Windowed Mode) - select the view and then pop back into FSX by just clicking back into FSX; always leaving the main EZDok menu open.  I'm honestly not sure if that is the reason or not but it's worth a shot.  I've always done in that way and never had any problems.

Either way, if it keeps losing your settings after each flight than why not just get all your settings correct and save them?  That way when you load another flight and it screws them up you can just load from the previous save?

Are you setting up your "view" by using numpad key 2? Your edits won't save if you dont use "2" when editing. Once to turn editing on, then again to save and exit. You should be hearing a "bell" chiming when in edit mode.

Either way, if it keeps losing your settings after each flight than why not just get all your settings correct and save them?  That way when you load another flight and it screws them up you can just load from the previous save?

Yes I have exported my settings so like I said it's not a MAJOR deal to re-load them.  I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the issue.  

Are you setting up your "view" by using numpad key 2? Your edits won't save if you dont use "2" when editing. Once to turn editing on, then again to save and exit. You should be hearing a "bell" chiming when in edit mode.

Sure am!  The views are not the issue for me, it's the effect settings not saving.  They always revert to zero levels.  

Sure am! The views are not the issue for me, it's the effect settings not saving. They always revert to zero levels.

Sorry I missed that. Skimming again. That has never happened on my rig. I'll see if I can reproduce it on my end tomorrow.

Sorry I missed that. Skimming again. That has never happened on my rig. I'll see if I can reproduce it on my end tomorrow.

Yeah lemme know.  It MUST be my set up.  I haven't seen any other threads here.  Like I said it's not a huge deal as I have my favourite effects saved, and I only really fly the NGX.  I may dip in to the EZdok forums when I'm back from vacation.  

Craig, I had the very same problem as you.  I also found that I could not open the flight 1 wrapper any more.

The answer was that one, or both your antivirus or Malware fighter is blocking your usage.

Answer, Uninstall. Drop your AVG, Windows Defender and all the other programs that keep your system clean.

Re-download EZCA and activate. Install both v.1.15 and then v.1.17 and then reboot again.

Re-enable everything and your troubles are over.

Worked for me ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Worked for me ;-)

Lemme try a re-install of EZCA.  I actually only run windows defender so I'm not sure the issue, but a fresh install wouldn't hurt.  I'll get back to you.  

UAC is off, and I installed EZdok as admin.  Are you guys running EZdok with PMDG?  Are your effects saving?  

Hi flyguycfrb,

I have both EZdok and all of the PMDG products and am not having an issues, nor have i ever. I dont think its anything to do with PMDG, but sounds more like an EZdok issue if its the profile itself not saving.

I would suggest going to the EZdok support pages and checking things there. That's what i'd do atleast :)

Hope you manage to get things sorted,

Cheers,

-Luke Cantrill

staffsignature.php?pilotid=UKV1386

Hope you manage to get things sorted,

Yeah it's most def a ezdok problem, but there was one guy on here who had a suggestion so I'll try that.