Sign in to follow this  
crimtye

Interesting: Tail-Strike protection

Hi

I stumbled upon this. Did not realize it was a feature of the T7.

screenshot_zpse096ebc2.png

Curious to know if it is implemented in the PMDG example ^_^

Didn't one of the beta testers videos mention this? I'm sure I heard it somewhere (as in, ears, rather than eyes).

Hi

I stumbled upon this. Did not realize it was a feature of the T7.

screenshot_zpse096ebc2.png

Curious to know if it is implemented in the PMDG example ^_^

There is a screenshot of the EICAS warning in the compilation thread.

One of the Beta testers put up a shot after having a tail strike, a warning on the top EICAS was present to notify that a strike had occurred, so the warning system is working, I wouldn't know about the prevention systems though.

yes it has been programmed you can see it actually when you execute an abnormal take off with EICAS message

Fully modeled in the product. Be aware that the system does not *prevent* you from tail striking. It slows the rotation rate/adds weight to the controls if you get close to doing it - if you insist it will let you do it. This isn't an Airbus.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

hehe, in all fairness Ryan the A340 does the same thing, no Hal9000 during rotation.

Just wondering if any 777 cabin crew are on this forum? The 777 has something called gust alleviation, you get a lot of cabin crew at the back reporting that the ride can get pretty uncomfortable in cruise on the 300ER when it gets out of synch, the aircraft yaws back and forth very quickly for prolonged periods of time.

Have never sat right at the back so not experienced it myself but it does seem like a genuine complaint. You can also find topics about it online.

Rob Prest

Absolutely Amazing!

Just wondering if any 777 cabin crew are on this forum? The 777 has something called gust alleviation, you get a lot of cabin crew at the back reporting that the ride can be get pretty uncomfortable in cruise on the 300ER when it gets out of synch, the aircraft yaws back and forth very quickly for prolonged periods of time.

Have never sat right at the back so not experienced it myself but it does seem like a genuine complaint. You can also find topics about it online.

I've been in the back and yes it can be a little bit uncomfortable, but I only really noticed it while stretching my legs in the aft galley. I would guess that since the in-flight crew is mostly standing they notice it a lot more than the pax.

Reik Namreg

Absolutely Amazing!

I've been in the back and yes it can be a little bit uncomfortable, but I only really noticed it while stretching my legs in the aft galley. I would guess that since the in-flight crew is mostly standing they notice it a lot more than the pax.

Cheers, seems strange no software update has been made after all these years.

Rob Prest

Cheers, seems strange no software update has been made after all these years.

[unfair-Joking-Comment]

Well, when your planes are catching on fire and sporadically dumping fuel all over runways all the time...

[/unfair-Joking-Comment]

Kyle Rodgers