Sign in to follow this  
thefpr

Can't open FS2Crew

Hi ! :D

As a common user of the Airbus X Extended, I have bought this beautiful product two days ago.

After a few scares caused by switching language of my OS, I've finally managed to change Speech Recognition to EN-US, and then switch my OS to my own language.

And today, I've launch FSX for testing this software. So, as it said in the manual, I've enabled FS2Crew in the AXE's configurator (hotfix 17b) and then load Cold & Dark state for my Airbus.

And here is the problem :

- I've assigned "F" for "Hélice (Mise en drapeau)" which seems to correspond to "Autofeather (Arm/Off)", but when I press it in game - AFTER the panel state loaded - nothing happens. I've tried to re-assign to another key, on my keyboard and on my joystick, but nothing happens.

By the way, I've opened "panel.cfg" of the AXE's to see if FS2Crew's windows and gauges are present, and they are.

And I've already uninstall / install the AXE's another time, then FS2Crew another time. :(

It seems I have done something wrong, but I can't see what. I think the problem is from key assignement, but I don't know.

So if anybody got the same problem, or something similar, ou peut-être quelques utilisateurs français trainant par ici qui pourrait me dire quelle touche ils ont assignés à quoi pour ouvrir le panel FS2Crew, it would be nice. 

Nicolas. :(

Hi Nic,

Please try this:

Try opening the FS2Crew Main Panel  via -> Views - Instrument Panels - FS2Crew Main Panel

If you get a black box, it means the gauge didn't load.

If the FS2Crew Panel does appear, it means you messed up the key assignment used to open the FS2Crew Main Panel.

If you get a black box (gauge not loaded):

1. Delete your FSX.CFG.  Sometimes people accidentally select 'no' when asked to trust the FS2Crew gauges.  So delete the FSX.CFG, re-run FSX so the CFG re-builds, then re-install FS2Crew.

2. When you installed FS2Crew, did you install it to the FSX folder?  Sometimes people don't do that.  It needs to go in the FSX folder.  The installer should auto-detect the location.

Cheers,

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for answering.

I managed to open the FS2Crew panel as you said, via  "Views - Instrument Panels - FS2Crew Main Panel".

So the key assignment is not the right one, but I have nothing which can correspond to Autofeather in my language.

That's not a problem for me anymore, I'll open it via Views, but it can be a problem for the others new users...

Thank you again for your product and your help,

Nicolas. :)

Hi Niclas,

I cant speak french, but it has to do something with arming the Propeller to an automatic setting. Maybe you can find this :)

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Best regards / Schöne Grüße
Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for answering.

I managed to open the FS2Crew panel as you said, via  "Views - Instrument Panels - FS2Crew Main Panel".

So the key assignment is not the right one, but I have nothing which can correspond to Autofeather in my language.

That's not a problem for me anymore, I'll open it via Views, but it can be a problem for the others new users...

Thank you again for your product and your help,

Nicolas. :)

Hopefully a French user will be able to answer this one.

It's definitely available... it's just a matter of locating the French name.

Hi all:  I am having same prob.  But my files don't show up in the config. file.  I have reloaded the aircraft,fs2crew, and the configurator.  Nothing!  Help  thx.  S. Sumner

Steve Sumner

I have a similar problem; assigned to Autofeather (in German "Automatische Anstellwinkelverstellung") y on the keyboard and can get the FS2Crew interface up, but

I cannot close it, even with trying thru view instrumentpanel it doesn't go away.

Thanks for the help.

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

make sure LK is not on which locks the panel to stay open no matter what.

C. Bennett

make sure LK is not on which locks the panel to stay open no matter what.

Correct, LK (Lock) is on by default.

Why?

Because in the VC anytime you switch camera views, the panel will close.  It's a quirk of FSX.

But you can just press the LK button to turn that feature off.

Thanks, but unfortunatelly this didn't help; I think the LK is "Rollen" in German. I really would like to close the FS2Crew interface during flight.

Are there any other possibilities?

Thanks

Peter

Peter

Win10/64/32,0GB, i9-9900KS@4.00GHz, Gigabyte 1080ti, P3Dv5.1

Thanks, but unfortunatelly this didn't help; I think the LK is "Rollen" in German. I really would like to close the FS2Crew interface during flight.
Are there any other possibilities?

There's nothing to assign.

The "LK" button is right on the FS2Crew Main Panel.

Just press the button to toggle it.