Sign in to follow this  
penfold

PMDG 737NGX

I have recently been having problems with, I think, the above Sim. I am unable to see any airlines when selecting type in FSX

e.g I cannot select an Airline name from the drop down box, Just the generic FSX airlines exist. Is this my fault as it used to

appear. Ialso cannot Select PMDG downloads ????  Help.

Cheers, Pontious

From pontious

Thanks for the replies, the box has been checked, no change. It used to work ok. I've checked everything I can think of. I can downlaod liveries but not apply them via the PMDG temporary file. I have the PMDG 747X and that works fine. I don't know what's changed. any ideas ? 

Cheers pontious

Did you, by chance, intstall any older PMDG products after the 737NGX was installed ?

I have sometimes had problems after installing an older PMDG product (usually the 747X) after the NGX is installed.

Whatever has happened, it certainly sounds like a uninstall / reinstall of the NGX is required.

I have not only re-installed NGX but FSX Acceleration too!  Nothing is appearing in the box where the airline callsign and number should appear. I can only see the default aircraft. I think it's only NGX because everything seems normal in 747X.  The  icon for the a/c config file was just a blank (as in the new file in word ) but I changed it to Adobe... NO CHANGE !!!  this seems to be getting boring (like me!) I'm going to the flight sim day at RAF Cosford on the 15th so I'll try to pick some brains there.

You can always post your question at the PMDG NGX forum.  I'm sure there are some brains there too.  Meanwhile, do you have a file named airlines.cfg in your FSX main folder?  If so, when you open it with a text editor, such as Notepad, do you see airline names listed?  

You say that you're not seeing airline names once you have selected a PMDG NGX variant and click on the Details button, but you are also saying that you "... can only see the default aircraft."  Do you mean that you can see Airline names when selecting a variant of a default aircraft, but not when selecting a NGX variant?  What you mean "The icon for the a/c config..."?  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library