256GB SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Drive

$0.00

318-1428

Alienware Aurora X79

$0.00

421-5702

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, English, w/Media

$0.00

I've over clocked to 4.3ghz...and installed Nvidia inspector, I've tweaked the fsx.cfg file using venetubo.com.

I've gone thru multiple guides and have my settings set to what everybody recommends.

I do have the original FSX with SP1 and SP2 installed as well as the latest NVIDIA driver installed.

I'm running NGX and REX OD as well as traffic 360 set right now at 34%

My problem is with my systems I'm only getting around 12-16 fps sitting at the gate at KATL or KSFO, I realize these are busy places but I'm running the default scenery and figured with this system I'd be able to get 25-30 fps and figured with this system I could upgrade to some more detailed 3rd party airports and cities.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I read forums on all these people running way more stuff in FSX with systems not as powerful as this one and they're getting 25-30

Ryan Patch

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I read forums on all these people running way more stuff in FSX with systems not as powerful as this one and they're getting 25-30

Welcome, firstly you need to sign your name with your posts otherwise they will get deleted.

Have you tried Kostas FSX guide? (google - it wont allow the link here) Its very comprehensive.

Those do seem un-usually low for that kind of system.

Also - try using Affinity Mask in the tweaks to take advantage of your 6 cores.

Try 63 for HyperThreading disabled and 4095 if you have hyperthreading on - see if that helps increase your frames.

Also you have a high end card so give [bufferpools] UsePools=0 a try (make sure to set FSX water settings to High 2x to avoid strange flashes)

The only other tweaks I would add is HIGHMEMFIX=1 and WideScreenAspect=True. There is no need for any more than those 4 tweaks.

Thanks I will try Affinity mask and I did disable hyper threading...it's set at 4096 so ill switch that to 63. I know buffer pools are set to 0 and I've already added HIGHMEMFIX=1 and I'm not sure on wide screen aspect. Thanks you for the tips!

Try reading what he wrote - hes already tried that. Epic fail

Thanks I will try Affinity mask and I did disable hyper threading...it's set at 4096 so ill switch that to 63. I know buffer pools are set to 0 and I've already added HIGHMEMFIX=1 and I'm not sure on wide screen aspect. Thanks you for the tips!

See how it goes. Hopefully it helps. Im sure others will have some good suggestions. Also in the General Forum see Tabs post on nvidia inspector and try his settings out

Try reading what he wrote - hes already tried that. Epic fail

See how it goes. Hopefully it helps. Im sure others will have some good suggestions. Also in the General Forum see Tabs post on nvidia inspector and try his settings out

yeah well probably wrong because with that PC he should have 30 ATLEAST! (on scenery airport and NGX + REX) [i got more]

+ few tips

set water to Low 2.x

mesh to 1m

turn off ground traffic, set scenery density to Dense and autogen to Dense too 

//to my defense, he said that he added manualy highmemfix which is done automaticaly with bojote thing

Another vote for Word Not Allowed's guide. Forget everything else (not because they won't help a little, but because you need a SINGLE comprehensive approach rather than a mish mash of advice and tweaking tools). Follow his guide to the ltter, start to finish, and you'll be a happy camper.

Hint: Do yourself a favor and avoid the notorious "Bible." It's about 5% useful info and 95% preaching. Not worth the time.

Another vote for Word Not Allowed's guide. Forget everything else (not because they won't help a little, but because you need a SINGLE comprehensive approach rather than a mish mash of advice and tweaking tools). Follow his guide to the ltter, start to finish, and you'll be a happy camper.

Hint: Do yourself a favor and avoid the notorious "Bible." It's about 5% useful info and 95% preaching. Not worth the time.

100% agree. And before you start using Word Not Allowed's guide, delete old fsx.cfg. 

I have almost the identical computer as Ryan does.  If you have a 6 core processor, what should you set the affinity mask to?  I was a little confused on Word Not Allowed's guide.

I have almost the identical computer as Ryan does. If you have a 6 core processor, what should you set the affinity mask to? I was a little confused on Word Not Allowed's guide.

6 core HT off 63, 6 Core HT on 4095 I posted it above.

4 core and 6 core settings are very different

Thanks Elliot, I totally missed that you have already posted it above.

No worries - also if you have HT off and you want to leave your first core (core0) free for windows tasks and let fsx run on the other cores you can try AM of 62 (63 is all 6 cores, 62 is all except core0)

...and this is why I always get really cagey when people ask me about framerates with X versus Y, or even a simple "what kind of frames do you get with it?"

It doesn't matter what I get with it because my hardware might be different, or even if it were the same, one of ours could be misconfigured.

Kyle Rodgers