Sign in to follow this  

LOL - yeah.... and Concorde was scrapped because it wasn't profitable. Whatever...

Do you remember the period where ACES team members were posting publicly (before they got fired)? They were publicly defending the state of FSX and why it performed so poorly?? Many of the posts were made here at AVSIM and are still accessible. They were allowed to do that because it was such a screw-up! Microsoft are the masters at marketing, and they spend BILLIONS on it every year. They do NOT let their employees talk directly about their products as they are PUBLICLY LISTED COMPANY, and anything they say could directly affect the share price. So, it was highly suspicious even back then that MS were letting them speak directly.

To find out they were to be fired was no surprise. The official reason stated was to protect the share price, nothing else. If they said they fired over 5000 people because their work was not up to standard, the share price would plummet because investors would think the quality of the software was poor and people will lose confidence in it, and not buy it.

Look what happened when Ballmer announced his resignation - share price jumped 10%!!!!!

It's all about share price and investor confidence. The Windows Product Manager's resignation a week after the Windows 8 release says a lot, too. He "resigned" to do other things (or at least that is what they say - again - protection of reputation and share price). The lackluster sales tell a different story. Look at the backlash at no Start button!!!!

Best regards,

Robin.

Concorde was scrapped because the necessary maintenance required to ensure a solid plane was too high ; though there was nothing wrong with the plan

*facepalm* like I said, fsx was scrapped to invest money elsewhere; and microsoft wouldnt allow ACES to continue fixing fsx code. Instead we get such fixes from asking around the community for tweaks and getting 3rd party addons to manage fsx configs.

Also like I said if you want an improved fsx, get P3D V2 but in the meantime lets help this guy get the best out of fsx

But if you're really mad at fsx's CTDs and errors blame Steve Balmer; he approved the shutdown of ACES. Ironically, it was Bill Gates (his best friend) that started ACES .its a shame

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi

I'm using just about the same system as you, except with a 1.5gig GTX580, and get a solid 30fps. I am running high scenery settings and moderate autogen with UT2. Something is off with your setup, I didn't overclock and get good fps with no stutters.

I'd suggest a complete reinstall, and then add addons one at a time until you see what is bogging your system down.

http://#####.wordpress.com/category/fsx-tweaking/

check this website out, should give you all the help you need... Some of the advice given to you already (not all, dont pounce on me everyone) isn't really good but it may help. You shouldn't have any issues using a i7 3930k... probably one of the best processors you can use for FSX... I would also suggest taking a look at Nvidia inspector... really helps FSX out.

Ok yeah that's not a bad idea.... I really thought this system would be able to FSX with traffic and reasonable scenery at 30fps.....I've used the suggestions and I can get around 20 right now but if I'm parked at the gate at KATL and go to spot view and turn the camera towards the terminals it bogs down to 16fps...I've toned back the Rex textures as well...I know Kostas guide advises against it but is direct x 10 still a no no?....what about if I buy FSX Deluxe? Mine is the basic with SP1 & 2 of course.

....what about if I buy FSX Deluxe? Mine is the basic with SP1 & 2 of course.

Wouldn't make a difference in terms of performance. It's the same sim.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

is direct x 10 still a no no?

yes, there are still some AC and scenery that don't play nicely with it. I would advise against using DX10.

I have my AI traffic set at 45%. It seems to be a good compromise between performance, while still seeing some eye candy. I've employed Word Not Allowed's tweaks. My specs are posted but my 3770K OC'd @ 4.5 Ghz can't maintain 20 FPS in certain situations. I'm overall, as satisfied with the performance as I've ever been. Your hardware specs are solid so you should be able to eke a few more FPS out of your hardware. Regards

I have an older Alienware and I'm doing fine. I do use AVG for anti virus and had to tweak it to leave FSX alone and allow gaming in the setup. It made a large difference. I have all the Word Not Allowed tweaks and NV Inspector tweaks in place and I have worked to find a balance in my FSX display settings. AI is okay and so is moderate autogen. Ignore Word Not Allowed's rec and keep water at 2X low. Ignore any streaks you see occasionally. They go away after awhile. One of the killers is road traffic. Turn it off! My AI is at 50% and I use UT2. I do not like windowed mode, doesn't look as good. Seriously even with the PMDG NGX my range is 22 to 30 FPS, depending on airport.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG General Forum" to "MOBO, RAM, CPU's & Other Hardware". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

patchadams502003, on 25 Aug 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I read forums on all these people running way more stuff in FSX with systems not as powerful as this one and they're getting 25-30

I'm on a 3930K at 4.4Ghz and see around 24-26 FPS at a gate at KSFO from FlightBeam which is harder on perf than default for sure. It would be most useful if you posted your entire fsx.cfg. I run LOD at 5.5, autogen at Very Dense, and most other sliders maxed out except for various traffic settings. I am also running REX clouds at full density out to 110m using 2048bit clouds.

Don't believe 4.8Ghz will be the magic bullet for you: it is 100% percent predictable that it will add less than or equal to the difference in clock speed, so that if you are now at 4.3Gz and you stress your new machine to 4.8Ghz the MOST increase in performance you will see is 4.8-4.3 = .5Ghz, or 11.6% increase in frame rate. If you are seeing an average of 15fps you will now see 15 x 1.116 or 17.4 fps-- and really, neither of these values are very acceptable to most users. I find scaling w/ overclocking is not 1:1, so an 11.6% increase will likely be somewhat less than that. This argument pops up regularly by a few 'overclocking enthusiasts' and they know who they are!

Also, be sure to take advantage of parking your mouse pointer on anything but the VC as there is a 15-10% performance penalty when the pointer is visible on the VC of certain airplanes.

You are in windowed or full screen mode? Post your fsx.cfg and let's have a look.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X