Sign in to follow this  
framedrop

Good 3rd party soundset for the NGX?

How good is it?

It works better with some aircraft than others, but I wouldn't fly without it. An extra degree of immersion is added to flying.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

It works better with some aircraft than others, but I wouldn't fly without it. An extra degree of immersion is added to flying.

Alright i'll check it out. I also need to get EzDok :P does accufeel affect performance though, if at all?

Alright i'll check it out. I also need to get EzDok :P does accufeel affect performance though, if at all?

No, certainly not my experience...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I love the sound set of the NGX, but what I'm looking for is an addon soundset that adds that squeaky clink and clank sounds you get on landing and take off and those bump noises you get while going over the centreline and stuff like that :P

I did some enhancements a while back for this so head on over to the Official Groundroll Thread and you may find somethiing in there that will help with your taste. Steve

If you have any issues or want futher info pm me bud ..

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/353539-official-groundroll-enhancement-thread/

The NGX sounds are pretty damn good.

The OP is allowed to ask the question without everyone getting so 'sensitive'.....it's only a sim. If the OP buys another sound set that's fine, it might be better, worse or the same quality. Really, there's more to life.

Sometimes I wonder if people that post stuff like this are just trolling, or actually want to ruin a great thing...

Not necessarily. Why on earth would you think that? Maybe the soundsets don't quite do it for the him (or her).

Not necessarily. Why on earth would you think that? Maybe the soundsets don't quite do it for the him (or her).

Epic forum dredge.  That was posted 2/3rds of a year ago.  Why drag it up again?

Beyond that, in a simulation product, I still find it odd that people try to assert that it's "personal preference."  I swear, you could sit a simmer in the cockpit of a real 737 and they'd still complain that it sounds a lot louder than it should, or they'd prefer that it sound more like something else...

Kyle Rodgers

I can understand people wanting improved sound packages for some airliners, but the PMDG 737NGX is just about the last plane that I would suggest for an upgrade. The one included in the package is awesome!

As for the "epic forum dredge", I am sure I have seen one somewhere that was resurrected after five years!!! :blink:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Epic forum dredge.  That was posted 2/3rds of a year ago.  Why drag it up again?

Beyond that, in a simulation product, I still find it odd that people try to assert that it's "personal preference."  I swear, you could sit a simmer in the cockpit of a real 737 and they'd still complain that it sounds a lot louder than it should, or they'd prefer that it sound more like something else...

That's your opinion just like his post was based off HIS opinion. Simulation can certainly include elements of personal preferences. The dredge is your commentary rather than any help he was seeking. How ironic.  :huh:

The NGX is the ONLY addon that I've ever had where I can't complain about the sounds and trust me I am INSANELY difficult to satisfy when it comes to sounds. The only thing that would be better than the sounds provided by PMDG, is the real aircraft.

Well, for such an apparently dubious question, the OP certainly got the community here talking... and still talking nearly a year later. L.O.L!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor