Sign in to follow this  
citationjet

Piper Malibu Mirage released!

I noticed the fuel gauges will work if you do not start with full fuel (or close to full).

I did one flight with only 40 gal in each tank and they did work. (starting from cold and dark on all flights and selecting the aircraft and fuel after flight loads the default a/c)

The EMIS is not functioning properly. No matter how much fuel you add in the LOAD page it will not update the values to base it fuel and economy calculations.

I noticed that the ELEV TRIM is not modeled.

I have more bugs that i have written down but I left the paper at home. I figured i would start an Official Bug/Fix thread when the Malibu section opened up...

I am going to pm the admins to have them do that....

By EVEV TRIM not modeled, do you mean the wheel/indicator ? If so, mine is modeled.. it's on the right side of the center console..

Every model has little "problems" that I fix quickly.. mostly performnce and gauge reading/response..

There are (in addition to what's already dicussed) two things the need fixing ASAP..

1)ADF reference card is inop

2)Right-seat directional gyro is off by 180 degrees

And, since you cannot enter a waypoint in the G430 that's different than entered the G530... I'd like an DME, for certain approaches..

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"So far, the sights don't disappoint, but the sounds do. In this case, I wanted the JetProp, only with a good piston roar. Nope, this is more like a somewhat annoying buzz."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the sounds are pretty good.. The Mirage has two, huge turbo-chargers, that not only pressurize the intake manifold, but pressurize the cabin, too..They give the exhaust a muffled "whine"

Hi Guys,

Sorry if I sound abit dumb here but in an earlier post I mentioned that I could not get my RXP430 to show, it seems that I did not get it in the first place when I got the 530. My question is why has this aircraft got two GPS surely they do the same job, and the 530 gives more info than the 430 so whats differance other than the size  does having two GPS.

By EVEV TRIM not modeled, do you mean the wheel/indicator ? If so, mine is modeled.. it's on the right side of the center console..

I actually was talking about the electrical trim switch for the A/p. The button is located next to the Master AP/FD above HSI. My fault for not explaining....

Also noticed that while the fuel gauges do not work. the Green / red indicators laos do not work on the bottom half of the gauges.

Sorry if I sound abit dumb here but in an earlier post I mentioned that I could not get my RXP430 to show, it seems that I did not get it in the first place when I got the 530. My question is why has this aircraft got two GPS surely they do the same job, and the 530 gives more info than the 430 so whats differance other than the size does having two GPS.

Timm, as I mentioned before - they're two separate products from RealityXP.  You have to buy them both to have them both in the plane.

As for why two?  Redundancy, multiple nav/comm radios (almost a necessity when flying "in the system" and using traditional navaids) and the ability to drive the second nav head, plus the ability to run different displays.  For example, I'll often use the second GPS to display display terrain.

I have both since some of my planes only fit one or the other.  Would I buy the RXP 430 just to have the second display in THIS plane?  Maybe not, though it is nice.  In your case, though, just be sure to run "rxp530car430.exe" and you'll use the RXP 530 for the first, and the default Carenado 430 for the second.  If you go into your "rxpgns.ini" file and add the line "LinkGPS=On", the 530 will provide FP data to the default 430.

Hope that helps,

I think the sounds are pretty good.. The Mirage has two, huge turbo-chargers, that not only pressurize the intake manifold, but pressurize the cabin, too..They give the exhaust a muffled "whine"

Maybe it'll grow on me, but it sounds more like a muted buzz on my system, neither good prop noise nor good engine noise.  I've not flown in one, but I've been around them and they've sounded much throatier to me.  I know the cockpit will muffle things, but...

As I said, perhaps I'll get used to it.

And, since you cannot enter a waypoint in the G430 that's different than entered the G530... I'd like an DME, for certain approaches..

Even with the RXP 430 and 530, I still miss not having a traditional DME readout - so yep, I'd agree.  I expect this is a case of the plane it's based on not having a separate display either.  IRL, it's simply not necessary with a 430 and 530 in the plane.

Scott

The Fuel gauges and EMIS works properly. I guess the problem is: Fuel Capacity.

Real Mirage fuel capacity is 122 gallons (120 usable), but If you set full tank, it will fill with 152 gallons.

Check page 16: http://www.rebay.at/fliegen/manuals/pa46_350_manual.pdf

I changed the Aircraft.cfg to the correct value, from 75 to 60 Usable gallons. 

[fuel]
LeftMain = -1, -4, -1, 60, 1         //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
RightMain = -1, 4, -1, 60, 1         //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

I reported this to Carenado, they are aware of this and the other issues already mentioned above and will include in the Service Pack.

Makes perfect sense and explains some of the anomalies such as still seeing fuel imbalances.  Was going to try offloading some fuel for tonight's flight, but will try this change instead.

Thanks for the simple fix!

Scott

Some additional thoughts after flight #2...

The fuel changes suggested by cassio_garcia completely fixed the fuel display problems I saw.  Thanks again. 

After further review - I really like the EMIS display. 

The problem noted about the right side DG is worse than reported.  Do NOT touch the compass card on the right side, as not only is it inverted, but any changes will cause additional problems, including offsets in the autopilot when in NAV mode.

Engine gauges have some issues.  When I started up this evening, I got an oil pressure warning, and nothing I did seemed to get any pressure to register.  I shut down the engine and restarted, and pressure came up, but low.  This time, advancing the throttle brought pressure up to acceptable levels and I never saw a problem again on the flight, but...  I noted that the Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, CHT and Suction gauges did not display green "OK" indicators when the gauges were in the green.  At least in the case of Oil Pressure, a red indication did occur when a low level was indicated, but I didn't note any others, red or green.

I still don't like the sound.  I've got a lot of time in piston planes, and I've never experienced cockpit sound so lacking in low frequency tones.  This sound set just doesn't seem right.  I would say that at least part of the problem is that the airflow noises are a bit elevated, but the biggest issue has to do with the low frequency deficiency.

But for all of the above, I'm really starting to like the plane.  Performance and flight characteristics seem true to the plane being modeled, the VC is the usual Carenado excellent, the night lighting is good and, well... after lots of criticism about less than complete "glass", this is the analog that I think Carenado does well - good analog.

Scott

Quick question Guys

Saw this on Airdailyx - last picture down - Carenado said to hide yoke light switch is there, when I hit it lights shut off not backlight anyone else seeing this ? thanks a lot.

"There is also a switch to backlight the gauges as well"

http://airdailyx.blogspot.com/2013/08/carenado-pa46-mirage-our-own-screenshots.html

Rich Sennett

Oh dear.  Carenado need to lift their game.

I have bought their last four aircraft on day of release, but not anymore.

I noted that the Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, CHT and Suction gauges did not display green "OK" indicators when the gauges were in the green.  At least in the case of Oil Pressure, a red indication did occur when a low level was indicated, but I didn't note any others, red or green.

Scott, i guess it is normal. Check out this video, those green lights does not really turns on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWelCeZj6cE

About the Oil pressure, i had this same issue, but i think the problem is we are not adjusting the throttle lever to 1/2 before start. According to the Carenado's manual, we must set 1/2 throttle and mixture cut off for start, then we move the mixture lever to RICH and adjust throttle to 1000rpm, which is the normal RPM for most of piston aircrafts. But i will check it again later.

Scott, i guess it is normal. Check out this video, those green lights does not really turns on:

Great video, thanks!  Yep, it does appear those green indicators don't function on those gauges.  Interesting.

About the Oil pressure, i had this same issue, but i think the problem is we are not adjusting the throttle lever to 1/2 before start. According to the Carenado's manual, we must set 1/2 throttle and mixture cut off for start, then we move the mixture lever to RICH and adjust throttle to 1000rpm, which is the normal RPM for most of piston aircrafts. But i will check it again later.

Before going much further my next step was also going to be refining my flight techniques and numbers a bit.  The first two flights have been very "back of the envelope" for basic familiarization.  I haven't really flown the airplane "wrong" as such, but I haven't refined my technique for this plane yet either.  Looks like there are more videos from Mr. Rochfort that might help even more in this.

Oh dear. Carenado need to lift their game.

Perhaps, but really despite some of my small issues, I'm quite liking this and am glad I picked it up.  Note as well, that some of the issues noted (mine and others) have been user misunderstandings or simple expressions of preference.  The biggest problems I've seen so far are the fuel issue (easily fixed once understood) and the compass card on the right side DG (the workaround for the time being is don't touch it and simply ignore it).  It's not a huge deal in the meantime.

I'm sure there are a few other things yet to find, but it feels pretty solid and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Scott

Seems like most of the Carenado fixes end up being little glitches in the aircraft.cfg file, fortunately -- glad to see the [fuel] fix here.

Real Mirage fuel capacity is 122 gallons (120 usable), but If you set full tank, it will fill with 152 gallons.

Check page 16: http://www.rebay.at/fliegen/manuals/pa46_350_manual.pdf

I changed the Aircraft.cfg to the correct value, from 75 to 60 Usable gallons. 

[fuel]
LeftMain = -1, -4, -1, 60, 1         //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
RightMain = -1, 4, -1, 60, 1         //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

I reported this to Carenado, they are aware of this and the other issues already mentioned above and will include in the Service Pack.

So technically, if you load up full fuel, will the gauges work after the fuel level in each wings reaches the 60 gallons?

So technically, if you load up full fuel, will the gauges work after the fuel level in each wings reaches the 60 gallons?

Yes, they will. Try fill 50 gallons in each tank, you will note the needle moves exactly to 50.