Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

30AUG13 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Release Plan Update (Important!)

It's going to be released the day school starts... :Cry:

Oh sheiße. Well, what can one do. I guess I'll cope.

Good news is, apparently my Diners Club should work if I use Discovery option in PMDG shop, so I can enjoy it even if it should come out just before payday.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for the update! No matter how much time it would take before release...I'm pretty sure it'll be worth the wait!

Mohamed Adnane SALHANI

Captain Randazzo, and Team.

How very thorough and this is really very much appreciated, Again I am 100% behind yr policy of releasing once your completely happy that we wont be dissapointed, Of couse it would have been the very best news if things had gone without a problem, that doesnt happen in anywalk of life, lol.

Many thanks for keeping us all up to speed on this one, I can wait, :D

Best regards

Guss

Thank you for taking time from your day to update us all. The old MD-11 gets a few more hauls...

Time for everyone to go outside and enjoy the last days of summer on this long weekend :)

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Sigh, I knew this would happen. Very frustrating. Was looking forward to flying this after a long stressful work week, now that we have a 4 day weekend. Arghhh. I'm not keeping my hopes up no more. Who knows, when next week comes, there will probably be another delay of some sort that will get the release date push backed another few weeks or months.

If you knew it would happen then why were you setting yourself up for it? We were extremely clear in RSR's last post that this was a distinct possibility. He said flat out we would hold the release if something critical came up. You've been complaining non-stop during our whole development process for this product. Since timeframes seem to be your overriding concern rather than quality, there's plenty of others willing to sell you something quickly - whether it works or not is a different story. I have no doubt if you'd been affected by this mouse control issue you'd have been one of the first ones in here complaining about how we had to have known about this and still released because I suspect you'll always find something to be upset about.

It's great you guys take extreme pride and enthusiasm in making the product perfect, but as all pilots say, there's no such thing as a perfectly good airplane. I think it frustrates a lot of people because, although you didn't give a specific date, you gave the "release week" thing on Facebook, and plenty of people followed. So after waiting for years for this thing, people got their hopes up to have them crushed by this. But glad it's fixed and hopefully we can move on. The only thing that will ABSOLUTELY ###### everyone off is if the price is set at a ridiculous price (higher than or equal to the MD11). Just a heads up on that,

Daether

Again - we were extremely clear in Robert's post about what that statement meant. This was given as a distinct possibility and it happened.

Thanks for the update Robert and for having the cahoonies to come here with the update.

I appreciate your team's attention to quality and detail.

On the other hand I also have this thought.

I am not a software developer and of course this is not my product nor my call, but:

could this minor problem not have been left for the enevitable service pack? Because no matter how close to perfection this is within the relatively sterile beta tester group, once widley released, we all know problems will be uncovered that will need patching, ie a service pack. Reason I mention this is, what's to say yet another gripe doesnt turn up before next week, and on and on...for example, IIRC, the MD-11 needed 2 service packs.

Well anyhow, looking forward to this at some point. For now I will spin up your outstanding MD-11, got a FEDEX run to make.

Cheers.

I think we may have slightly understated the severity of the problem - we had roughly 10-12% of the testers seeing the issue in one form or another, including a couple where the periods without mouse control not working were quite long. This was significantly more than a "minor problem" in our judgement - had we released knowing about this we likely would have endured a substantial number of posts and tickets about it which would have further distracted from the normal mayhem that goes on at support for us during a release. More simply, we just aren't willing to release something that we're pretty sure is going to cause a problem for quite a few customers. Just think how you'd feel if you'd paid and were one of the ones affected - would you be willing to wait for a service pack to fix it?

We are not going to be delaying release for the normal minor fixes and additions that go into a service pack. We are not doing "feature creep" here. All of us think the airplane is ready now after this fix was put into place and we are not aware of any other release-preventing issue. You guys have to understand - we want this out even more than you do. It's 2 years in the making though and we don't want to risk our reputation for quality by releasing something with a known issue that was going to negatively affect some people's ability to actually use the product  - that's all. I mean would you have preferred us to keep it a secret and just make something up instead? People are always asking us to share more about the development and testing process - here it is, laid bare.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Next week I start college and all I'll be thinking about is the progress of the PMDG 777! 

However, thanks for the update and the hard work you've all put in, it'll definitely be worth the extra wait :)

I'm leaving for Indonesia on Thursday for three months so it looks like I'm gonna be flying it when I get back. It will be a great way to unwind from my adventure.

Ok thanks...Robert

Now I can ask my wife if she wants to go to San Francisco, since I will not be flying the 777 this long weekend.....

Kin M.

(Klax)

Relax man. Relax. It will come when it comes. 

I know right? Should be thankful he's alive or healthy enough to sim!  :(

Thanks for being frank with us. I know I would not want to release a product that I knew ten plus percent of users would have problems with.

As an aside, how is your Cpp class going?

Compared to the entire development cycle, what's another week?

Congratulations for sticking to your guns, and not letting the whiners get to you. This is why we are return customers. I guess we'll just have to "make do" with the NGX over the weekend, because, you know, that's such an easy and simple plane.

Thanks, PMDG!