Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

30AUG13 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Release Plan Update (Important!)

Yeah, but, like Tabs himself said, if they REALLY want to get the 777 out even more than us, they would be working day and night to testing it and getting it all ready.

But if it takes a week for this, than that obviously says they really aren't in much of a rush.

Just my opinion. 

18 hour days is something I wouldn't want my boss tell me to do.

However, there it is, in RSR's own post. 18 hour days.

I doubt pushing that further would end up with any results other than sleep deprived programmers that can't think straight.

I guess you want them to work for 6 more hours per day? No sleep for 4 days?

I bet you're the kind of idiot that thinks they should work for more than 24 hours a day. WORK 25 HOURS PER DAY TROLLOLOL.

Hi PMDG, i the it make go. release now. it.

I viewed this topic only two hours ago

and there were no reply's.

Now four pages,,, Good God!!

Jimmy Nestor

Yeah, but, like Tabs himself said, if they REALLY want to get the 777 out even more than us, they would be working day and night to testing it and getting it all ready.

But if it takes a week for this, than that obviously says they really aren't in much of a rush.

Just my opinion.

You just verified you know nothing about the process of software development. Go enjoy the NGX, you will surely appreciate what you get next week when they release the 777.

Jeff Hendershot
"Roger, Roger...What's Our Vector, Victor?"

Wow!!!, I had it all planned out this weekend hoping for the release!. Oh well, what a bummer, it is what it is, let hope it is out next week, now I gotta come out with another excuse about staying home this weekend:)

David G.

You just verified you know nothing about the process of software development. Go enjoy the NGX, you will surely appreciate what you get next week when they release the 777.

How do you know much more? What are your credentials?

Looks like people can't entertain themselves with what they have anymore (good for business, though). What's wrong with flying the NGx (equally hyped just two years ago) or the MJ Q400 until the 777 comes out? Heck even the MD-11 still gives me joy. :smile:

Those complaining, demand your money back.

This. Where do I apply? I assume there is a class action lawsuit somewhere :-P :-D

That's completely different and you know that is completely different. They took 4 days digging around the code to find the problem. Of coarse. I understand.

But if you have 20 beta testers, (estimate), I really don't think it should take much longer than 2 days tops to test it, and while they are testing, the PMDG team could be setting up the 777 page ready for release on wednesday.

That approach above would show me that they REALLY want the 777 out as much as we do.

In order to be sure that nothing "broke" after the fix, I guess they have to do several tests in different scenarios. This surely takes time. Also consider that the testers won't be flying the 777 24/7... etc. Finally... I just don't believe PMDG wouldn't be "in a rush" after almost two years of development. It's their work. The reason of their work is to make us fly a 777. That's their purpose. No one wants to release this thing more than they -- that's what I believe! 

How do you know much more? What are your credentials?

That comment alone is credentials a plenty for someone who has been around a release of a product.

Damn it!! I'm not at home for a few days and i was hoping that its getting released this weekend so that i get a perfectly fast and uninterrupted download when im back next week ;)...now i hope you gonna release it in a timeframe when people are normally at work that i still can get my fast download (good to be an air traffic controller and working shifts^^).

But now seriously. First of all, thanks for the update. I'm reading in this forum for months now and i'm really looking forward to this amazing plane. But guys take your time to get all things straight. Everybody here is waiting quite long, so who...honestly...cares about one week now? I totally agree with Ryan as he says that they are not willing to release it with a known "bug". Apparently some of you guys desperately want it now no matter if there's a small issue to be solved. But if that problem would then occur on your system, would you just accept it or blame PMDG for releasing it with that kind of problem? I guess the latter. If you want stuff NOW including known issues, there are some products available on the market. But as we all know, PMDG stands for precision (or i prefer to call it perfection, as that is what their products are). And i'm glad that they keep it like that and solve everything they find. So just relax a bit guys, have some beers, let them do their job...and in one week all of us can enjoy this great addon.

To end that here....thanks to all of you guys of the DEV team, the Beta testers, you crazy simmers and everybody else who made that project become real and awesome. Just a few days to go guys, then you can enjoy a well deserved non 777 time...at least i hope that for you. Keep it up...you are fantastic.

Volker

As per PMDG POLICY no release dates exist for these phenomenal products.  PLEASE cool down and let PMDG do their jobs most of them have dedicated their lives to. This response is exactly why there is a no release date policy. If you’re looking for that Carenado will take care of that with their 4 Service Packs for the Piper Seneca IV for example, in their forum.

Be wise and relax.

Cheers,

Billybob

Some people on these forums make me sick.

As far as the update/release goes, I'm glad someone out there thinks quality still means something. They can take another 6 months if they feel that they need it as far as I'm concerned.

@PMDG, Keep up the good work. I, for one, greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

No matter how many times you say it, if wanted to get the 777 out as much as we do (what tabs said), it would not take a WEEK to test for a problem that has already been fixed.

You obviously didn't read my post that you replied to.  LOL.  I would suggest you read it.

Matt Webb

It's great you guys take extreme pride and enthusiasm in making the product perfect, but as all pilots say, there's no such thing as a perfectly good airplane. I think it frustrates a lot of people because, although you didn't give a specific date, you gave the "release week" thing on Facebook, and plenty of people followed. So after waiting for years for this thing, people got their hopes up to have them crushed by this. But glad it's fixed and hopefully we can move on. The only thing that will ABSOLUTELY ###### everyone off is if the price is set at a ridiculous price (higher than or equal to the MD11). Just a heads up on that,

Daether

It hasn't been years, the PMDG 777 has been in developement for only around 18 months.