Sign in to follow this  
botfly

Entering Flight Plan into the FMC

Hello, does any know whether there's a tutorial guide for beginners to generating a flight plan for the PMDG 737 NGX?

I can easily follow the PMDG tutorial to fly from EGKK to EHAM.  But when I try to fly another route for example YSSY to YMML, I have no idea how to enter the flight plan into the FMC.  I use some tool to help me generate something like:

YSSY SID WOL H65 RAZZI Q29 TAREX STAR YMML

But once I inputted the DEP and ARR data, the plan has a lot of discontinuity which I need to solve..but I have no idea how to get the information.

Thanks in advance!

It's exactly the same process as the EGKK to EHAM, except you just enter different fuel loads, and you change your origin and destination airports.

As for the "Flight plan Discontinuity" you just need to click on the button next to the waypoint, and move it up 1 notch. I use airways, so you don't have to add in all of those way points by hand.

What I find helps me a lot is I create the flight plan in my flight plan tool, I use FSC9.3. I then save it and select it from the FMC. I am then able to manipulate it as I wish.

Hi thanks for your reply.  I tried following the tutorial but after selecting my DEP and ARR airport, I then have to select a SIDs. How can I get the information or it doesn't matter what I select.

As for discontinuity issue, I tried removing the entry down 1 slot but it won't solve the issue because I still see the discontinuity message with the runway at the bottom.

have  you read  the fcom at all its all in there  on everything  you need  to use on the fmc,  and  doing  a search on the you tubes out   their  will bring up heaps on  videos on how  to program the fmc,  heres one  to check out   but  there are more  out  there

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

thank you so much for the tutorial.. I now know what the problem was.  I always thought I simply delete the waypoint under the discontinuity point to fix it.  I now realized I need to copy it and left select it to the discontinuity point.

Alan