Sign in to follow this  
Opus Software

ButtKicker Control

Opus will, these are just test sound files, nothing more.

Stephen

These are files just to see if they work well with BK. What frequency did you prefer with your BK?

Stephen

The test sound files have now been removed now that they have been proved to work OK with BK. I will be starting to prep the software interface over the next couple of weeks ready to start the beta dev cycle for ButtKicker. Thanks everyone for taking the time to test the sound files.

Stephen :-)

Many thanks, very useful feedback. I shall be preparing some of the code on my holidays, I already have much of the design spec completed so it shouldn't be too long after the holiday that I have a beta ready for you all to test. I get my BK device about 2 days after we get back. Thanks for all the help.

Stephen :-)

Hi Stephen,

Looking forward to the beta. Disregard the secondary sounds as I understand the challenge in the sound production.

Cheers.

I can't get any vibration out of my butt kicker at all with FSX and the internal sound card.  I was using optical before and taking the feed off my amp lfe and I had nice vibration.  I have hooked the sim up to its permament speakers which are a set of logitech g506.

I have the butt kicker tied into the center/sub channel (Y connector) and I verified in the sound test console that the butt kicker does work when I test the subwoofer.  However when I go to FSX I get nothing from it when it should be vibrating like crazy.  I have all the volumes turned up to 100% for all the effects.  The speakers sound fine in fsx and the sub woofer is generating bass normally as it should.  I use the Cessna as a good test for the butt kicker.

Anyhow I am stumped and don't understand why the butt kicker isn't seeing anything when the sub is seeing bass.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I think I'd be interested in this butt kicker control if that will help.

thanks,

Brendin

Which BK is everyone using - direct wire or wireless.  I was going to purchase one or the other but have not made up my mind.  What do you guys think?

Frank

Anyones buttkicker amplifier prone to failing? This is the second time mine has failed and I had to get it replaced in under the year. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

So would this replace the other program people have to use when they do not have video cards? Or is it different?

Lee

I can't get any vibration out of my butt kicker at all with FSX and the internal sound card.  I was using optical before and taking the feed off my amp lfe and I had nice vibration.  I have hooked the sim up to its permament speakers which are a set of logitech g506.

I have the butt kicker tied into the center/sub channel (Y connector) and I verified in the sound test console that the butt kicker does work when I test the subwoofer.  However when I go to FSX I get nothing from it when it should be vibrating like crazy.  I have all the volumes turned up to 100% for all the effects.  The speakers sound fine in fsx and the sub woofer is generating bass normally as it should.  I use the Cessna as a good test for the butt kicker.

Anyhow I am stumped and don't understand why the butt kicker isn't seeing anything when the sub is seeing bass.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I think I'd be interested in this butt kicker control if that will help.

thanks,

Brendin

I'm really stumped why this isn't working with FSX and the realtek hd audio on the Asus Z87A motherboard using a 5.1 speaker setup.  The only thing I can think of is somehow I am not getting the low freq I need out of the sub woofer output from the sound card.  It's weird though that the Buttkicker works fine when I am in the soundcard test program and click on it too test it. 

How is everyone else hooking up their Buttkickers for use with FSX?  Maybe I am missing some setting to ensure the low freqs are being outputted?

Which BK is everyone using - direct wire or wireless.  I was going to purchase one or the other but have not made up my mind.  What do you guys think?

Frank

I think the wireless one is only for sofa home theater setup. The one for pc game is the wired one.

I am an ex Buttkicker user. IMHO I don't think this adds to the Flight Sim or for that matter the general Gaming experience at all. It does not add to emersion.

If I wanted to improve emersion I can think of a bunch of much cheaper and better thing to do. Just sayin!

Edit: If you are into driving/racing sims/games and have a racing cockpit it is effective and fun going over bumpy curbs but that is it! Forced Feedback controllers are way better.

I am an ex Buttkicker user. IMHO I don't think this adds to the Flight Sim or for that matter the general Gaming experience at all. It does not add to emersion.

If I wanted to improve emersion I can think of a bunch of much cheaper and better thing to do. Just sayin!

Edit: If you are into driving/racing sims/games and have a racing cockpit it is effective and fun going over bumpy curbs but that is it! Forced Feedback controllers are way better.

I"m building a cockpit. Ever think of attaching the buttkicker to the shell? This would simulate the vibrations of the aircraft as you land are are rolling down the runway. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Update ...

We are waiting to receive delivery of our BK (wried) and have made some good progress with the software. I have now prepared X, Y, and Z axis files for the taxiing, landing, and in flight turbulent phases and am now preparing the playback software maintaining synchronisation with the LWE supervision and DHM actions. We will also be looking to try and recreate the sudden turbulent jolts (bumps) and synchronising these with the DHM and Bump Aircraft jolts. The final software will support up to three BK devices, each one can be enabled separately, assigned to an audio device, assigned to a specific XYZ axis, and assigned with a base frequency (I have only prepared data for 100Hz at present so some experimentation will be required here).

I will keep you informed.

Stephen :smile:

thanks Stephen sounds great! was about to ask for an update. ^_^

I am using the wired BK, i like it it does not give you full immersion but it is something "extra" just like another add on for fsx.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram