Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

A2A Cessna 172 now available

Tested with booth tire configs but it didn't make any difference. :mellow: Hope they can look into this in a patch, because it feels a bit unrealistic to have to use full throttle just to get the plane to move on the ground(and sometimes not moving at all(Quintin Lodge))

Kaboki,

We recently made some changes to the propeller thrust at low RPM's which gives nice acceleration and braking on pavement.  If dirt strips are requiring full throttle, then that may be due something in FSX's different friction values.  However, I already have an idea if this is the issue of how this can be overcome.  We're going to keep a running log of current items in development, and this will be one of them.

Scott.

Great shot, Brandon!

Looks amazingly real.

+1

This plane looks and sounds fantastic...but I'll have to wait to purchase due to cash flow constraints :mad: .

Thanks guys! The 172 sure is outstanding. I just flew back to my "home" airport and crossed the 2 hour mark. I'm making an effort to only fly this during the current time and with real world weather, so I may not fly anymore today as I'm not usually one to fly at night. :P

Brandon Filer

Dang have to wait another day to have funds for this. In the mean time could one of my flightsim brethren that bought this do me a favor and fly the 172 late in the afternoon and see if the sun looks normal when viewed out the front and sides of the vc. i.e. no shooting light beams like in the legacy. Thanks

145602081.jpg

I don't see this in the legacy... Any shader or enb mods?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The ground friction issue is most likely connected to Orbx scenery. This has happened to me with several planes on back country airstrips in Orbx scenery. Something to do with the mesh they use. You might want to try it on a dirt strip in default scenery.

I have no problem with the doors. If I click on the handle or open them from shift-3 panel, the correct door opens/closes. This has been noted on the A2A forums but no answer so far. She looks beautiful in DX10!!

Doors can be a ###### when coding. The problem is there is no "open 2nd door" command. You have to send a TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT command followed by KEY_SELECT_2 command to open the 2nd door. Sometimes this doesn't work so well if you have coded it into the model (which you need to do if you are working with the VC model) although it seems to work well with a 2D popup gauge. 

www.antsairplanes.com

If dirt strips are requiring full throttle, then that may be due something in FSX's different friction values. However, I already have an idea if this is the issue of how this can be overcome. We're going to keep a running log of current items in development, and this will be one of them.

Yeah, I think your into something there that it has something to do with the friction values, hope it can be solved somehow.

Anyway I'm enjoying this plane alot, I have flown about 3 hours now and just can't get enough of it. B) This plane is just amazing :rolleyes:

The ground friction issue is most likely connected to Orbx scenery. This has happened to me with several planes on back country airstrips in Orbx scenery. Something to do with the mesh they use. You might want to try it on a dirt strip in default scenery.

It could be, but I have never expirienced to get stuck at Quintin Lodge with any other plane before...(like I can't get the plane to move even with full throttle)

The ground friction issue is most likely connected to Orbx scenery

I had this same issue in stock FSX scenery, and have also flown into and out of Quintin Lodge with lots of different planes with no problems - I think there is something in play with the A2A 172...

Aggggh why does it come out when I am away for a week :-(. Should of left my phone at home !

On a serious note has snyone imported and got it to work in AirHauler ok ?

Cheers

Steve

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Ryan - Just briefly tested RXP 430 integration (I don't own the 530), as I prefer the 'stuck on' smaller GPS in this type of plane.

The switching between GPS types is all "on the fly" , and the RXP430 popped up without me needing to do anything else (such as using the RXP config).    It just 'worked'.  When I selected the 530 it gave the usual pink RXP box that signifies that you don't have the chosen model installed - so all looks good and right.   :smile:

Here's me completing a circuit at Cloud 9 Bergen, Norway (ENBR), With a cloud base at 1,300' and drizzley rain!

56565611.jpg

Superb aircraft. My only complaint is the gradient map on the ADI with the panel light, and the small screw textures seem like they could be a bit sharper, small niggles though. Would a been nice too if they had made the circuit breakers work like the Katana 4X. Overall though good buy for sure.

original.jpg

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Although I twitch and sweat at the very suggestion that there is anything at all wrong with this beautiful, amazing add-on for FSX, I will submit that I also was surprised (given the level of function and simulation in all other areas) to find that the circuit breakers were not at least clickable, if not fully functional.

Breakers are in the works.  We didn't want to have them as simple on / off switches that randomly popped, as this isn't the way it is.  Each breaker is a system iteself that get old and needs replacement.  The other aspect is, a breaker that pops once in a while can be an indicator of a deeper issue and we want to properly simulate this.  For example, just before purchasing the Comanche, the previous owner mentioned "oh btw, the landing gear breaker popped last week.  It only happened once but just so you know." 

Now this was clearly filed away in my mind especially when we began our 3,000 mile trip back.  That trip and several months went by, and all was good.  Then one day I noticed after takeoff, I had no GEAR UP light.  I reached down and noticed the breaker had popped.  I reset it and lowered the gear, and had the green light.  Then raised it, and again, no amber light confirming it was up.  So, I reset it again, lowered the gear and returned home.  Put it up on jacks and methodically went through a complete gear inspection only to find, my right wheel was coming up ahead of the rest (the landing gear on the Comanche is all in series).   The right wheel was seating first and the gear motor had to work hard to reach the gear motor off trigger, raising the electrical draw.  It was probably pushing that breaker to the limit every time during that last second before turning the motor off.  It was within specs, but barely.  Now either the breaker was getting old, the gear motor was getting old and working harder, the gear was slowly getting out of rig, or possibly a combination of all the above.  Needless to say, the gear was adjusted as per the manual, and no problems since.  This is what we need to model otherwise a popped breaker will have little meaning.  This is an important system that we look forward to modeling well, and is a priority feature on our plates.

Scott.

Has anyone else not been able to start the side mounted GPS? Went on one flight and it worked fine.. loaded a different 172 and when I hit the power button I got a flashing red empty battery symbol on the display.

-Damien