Sign in to follow this  
flyerguy7773

Will this computer work with PMDG Aircraft?

Hey everybody,

I am ordering this computer tonight and I just wanted to know if it will run the PMDG Aircraft well (I am pretty sure it should and will). I am getting it from CyberPowerPC, total price 1501.00. Specs are below:

Oh yeah, I currently own the following PMDG Products, and will buy the 777 when it is released (no pressure on that release Rob :)) but I cannot use them because my laptop refuses to work with them and dies and crashes and does all sorts of bad stuff when I load them up.

737-600/700NGX

737-800/900NGX

747-400LCF

747-800X

747-400X

J41

B1900D

B1900C

MD-11

Specs:

• *BASE_PRICE: [+1130]
  • CAS: CFI Boreallight Full-Tower Gaming Case w/ 1x 140 & 2x 120mm Fans, Front USB 3.0, HDD Easy Swap Bays & Side-Panel Window (Black Color)
  • CD: LG 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive & DVDRW, 3D Playback Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)
  • COOLANT: Standard Coolant
  • CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified) [+106]
  • CS_FAN: Default case fans
  • FAN: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan [+16] (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull) [+9])
  • FREEBIE_CU1: FREE $50 VISA Gift Card with All Purchase [+0]
  • FREEBIE_CU2: Intel GRID 2 Gaming Coupon [+0]
  • FREEBIE_MB: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo w/ Dual Antenna PCI-E Adapter [+0]
  • FREEBIE_VC1: FREE $75 Value In-Game Hawken, Planetside 2 and World of Tanks w/ NVIDIA GTX 650 or above [+0]
  • FREEBIE_VC2: None
  • HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: 500GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+59] (Single Drive)
  • HEADSET1: ZALMAN ZM-HPS200 GAMING HEADSET [+0]
  • IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
  • KEYBOARD1: (Keyboard & Mouse Combo) Razer Cyclosa Gaming Keyboard & Abyssus Gaming Mouse [+0]
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance [+0])
  • MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] GIGABYTE Z87X-D3H Intel Z87 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Ultra Durable 5 Plus, On/Off Charge 2, 7.1 HD Audio, Intel GbLAN, 3x PCIe x16 (2 Gen3, 1 Gen2), 3 PCIe x1 & 1 PCI (Extreme OC Certified) [+40]
  • NETWORK: Intel Pro Gigabit 10/100/1000 Network Card [+34]
  • OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more)
  • POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Corsair CX600 600W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply [+9]
  • RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
  • SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+58] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
  • WNC: 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo w/ Dual Antenna PCI-E Adapter [+25]
  • _PRICE: (+1426)
  •  

I am getting an ASUS 27" Monitor, or a Samsung 27" Monitor, cant decide which, and Windows 7 Ultimate.

Thanks!

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

You'll be able to run it almost as good as it gets with today's computers.

(of course then there's overclocking and all of that stuff that you will probably get into in the future)

For the monitor, if you're getting a 27'' monitor, make sure you get a "real" 27'' monitor with proper resolution. A 27'' monitor should have 2560x1440 resolution instead of just 1920x1080. Otherwise, instead of being a true step up in desktop real estate, it'd just be like a 23'' monitor under a magnifying glass.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

The one thing that I'd be concerned with, and correct me if I am wrong here, is that your GFx card has 4GB of dedicated vRAM. The maximum recommended is 2, anything over that can potentially lower your FPS. FSX is only a 32bit program, and can only use up to 4GB of ram. So unless you will be gaming a lot using other very intensive pieces of software, the graphics card and ram, 16GB of it, is overkill, way overkill. Just my take at least.

Should it be able to run PMDG aircraft, I can't see why not, but if you can go from 4GB of vRAM to 2, your experience should be much better.. My laptop, a 3 year old Dell Studio 1558 with the specs seen over on the left, clicking my system, will get 15+FPS at Flightbeam's KIAD in ht NGX, and the only change from the stock computer was a RAM upgrade from 4-8GB, mobos and HDDs have been replaced many times, because its a Dell, but I still get acceptable performance.

Do not judge your performance on FPS alone though. It should be based on is this smooth enough for me? You can get all the FPS you want, and you probably will depending on the aircraft and your settings, as well as tweaking, but again, do not go and see what FPS you get, it should be on the idea that is it smooth enough for flight for me. 15 is all I need, sometimes its annoying to see a number that low, but FPS is only a number. I can't state this enough, performance is only based on is it smooth enough for you.

-Tom H

I would be getting a Solid State Drive (SSD) for the OS and FSX/other important programs if I were you.

-Henrik

i7 9600K  -  RTX 2080  -  32gb DDR4  -  Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

Kind of funny, but my pc with overclocked core 2 duo to 3,8ghz, 4gb RAM and ati4870 runs FSX smoothly and even PMDG products run very well, only water is on 1xhigh, and no traffic because I fly IVAO, so I wouldn't be affraid to have such a config you're describing :-)

Rado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Rado

i7 4770K@4,1Ghz HT on since release of MSFS
1080 Ti 11GB 
32GB DDR3 RAM
Samsung SSDs

The config you have ordered might even be slight overkill but future proofed at the same time. even with my specs (and they are none too special) I get 20-30FPS (externally limited to 30FPS) at busy airports and always bang on 30FPS in flight. You should have no problems for sure.

Oh yeah... True... you forgot an SSD. Can't live without one. I believe the inventor of the SSD actually made them because of his addiction to FSX.

Omar Josef
737/757/767