Sign in to follow this  
nrcrate

NOTAM: FedExVAC Announces PMDG 777 Celebration! ALL INVITED!

Disclaimer: I have express permission from Ryan (TABS) to post this here as long as I have also posted it on the event calendar HERE.

tripleripple.png

Event Description

To celebrate the release of the PMDG 777, FedEx Virtual Air Cargo is proud to announce that we will be sponsoring a community wide VATSIM group flight! Our group flight will take place on Saturday, September 14th, where we will depart KMEM (Memphis Intl) between 0900Z and 1400Z and arrive at OMDB, Dubai, between 2200Z and 0300Z thirteen to fourteen hours later. This is to mimic the real-world FDX8 flight, where they use the 777. We will also be offering supplementary flights for those who are less hardcore long-haul pilots. We will offer a departure from BIKF (Keflavik, Iceland) between 1530Z and 1800Z (Estimated 8-8.5 hours flight time) as well as a departure from LGAV (Athens, Greece) between 1930Z and 2200Z. (Estimated 4-4.5 hours flight time) Both of these supplementary flights are timed so that they will join the main flight from Memphis, and the whole group will come together at OMDB around the same time. We’ll give the controllers a run for their money at all four airports! Plan on being fully staffed at least for the local areas around each airport. We have notified every ARTCC and FIR along the route, and we hope to get some sort of controller support during the entire duration of the flight. We also will have Ramp Control at KMEM for all departures as long as they leave from the North FedEx Ramp. Coordination is KEY to making this a success and we have put through the hardest effort to make sure this goes off without a hitch.

We will also be entering participants for prizes of cash value as long as they fly (and complete!) the flight on VATSIM and book the flight using our booking system.

This system is located at http://events.fedexvac.org where there are around 200 slots to book. We are initially offering 100 slots from KMEM, 50 from BIKF, and 50 from LGAV.

ALL TIMES IN ZULU.

These should make the event available to almost anyone who wants to fly, no matter where and what time zone they live. We are hoping this fills up!

Final Note: PLEASE KNOW YOUR AIRPLANE. We DO NOT want to aggravate the controllers or make it any more of a task to control the large number of aircraft expected to participate in this event with people who do not know how to operate their aircraft. This is why we gave a period of time between release and event- to let everyone get familiar with their new baby!

EVENT PRIZES:

Three (3) BluePrint Simulation Sceneries (Except KJFK)

One (1) Aerosoft BIKF Keflavik Intl

One (1) Aivlasoft EFB License Key

One (1) Copy of PFPX Flight Planning Software*

*Thanks to Carl, our Western Regional Manager, for donating a copy of PFPX for this event.

FOR CHARTS, FLIGHTPLANS, AND OTHER EXCELLENT RESOURCES, SEE THE EVENT PAGE LINKED BELOW:

http://forum.avsim.net/calendar/event/725-fedexvacs-triple-ripple-777-celebration/

Edited by FDX016 - Nick

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Final Note: PLEASE KNOW YOUR AIRPLANE. We DO NOT want to aggravate the controllers or make it any more of a task to control the large number of aircraft expected to participate in this event with people who do not know how to operate their aircraft. This is why we gave a period of time between release and event- to let everyone get familiar with their new baby!

^^^ That part is hugely important. Thanks Nick!

(...and I'm not even a ZME controller)

Kyle Rodgers

Well according to them the aircraft will be out by Saturday so say they find an error will they reschedule the whole event? 

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

Well according to them the aircraft will be out by Saturday so say they find an error will they reschedule the whole event? 

This is the least desired situation, but if that does happen then yes, it will need to be moved to the following Saturday. Don't worry, we've got everything ready if that happens. (We've been working on this thing for MONTHS)  :lol:

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

FDX13 - FIRST

Bring on the coffee!

Also, what's the obsession with OMDB with everyone lately?

Kyle Rodgers

FDX13 - FIRST

Bring on the coffee!

Also, what's the obsession with OMDB with everyone lately?

The reason we picked OMDB is because that is the longest FedEx flight they run... and we have this odd fascination with FedEx. I haven't really figured out why though...  B)

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

I'll see if I can do it in my Panda livery (-;

PFPX would have been a cool prize!

The event sounds like a blast and would love to join (even if im with the other fedex va :) ). Too bad I have to travel for work the next couple of weeks. Have fun!

Chris k.

FDX605

Chris B. Trane

so...question: do i have to be a member of the VA to part-take or can i just join along for the ride?

I'll see if I can do it in my Panda livery (-;

PFPX would have been a cool prize!

Done- we've just received a contribution from someone on staff to include a copy of PFPX as an event prize.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo