Sign in to follow this  
troppo1

new GEX vs FTX Global

here is one from around the same area

I have a lot of desert around here because I don't have any good landclass for the area. Does GEX fix the desert issues in this area, cant see any desert patces in the GEX shoot?

Booth screens is from Himalaya

here is another one without ENB because I see I have to aggressive settings so the textures don't display as sharp.

I can put up one from LOWI but I have to disable Aerosoft LOWI first

Ok here it is FTX Global LOWI

I have a lot of desert around here because I don't have any good landclass for the area.

I use Scenery Tech LC for most of the world

Jay

I use Scenery Tech LC for most of the world

Thanks for the tip, I use all the UTX packages , but they don't cover Asia, so I think I might have to get scenerytech..

wow lots of tree's, where is the granite, aprt from that looks much the same

I use UTX so that's maybe why I have a little different terrain, but it looks almost the same.

Maybe we should see how the desrt looks like? Sharm el Sjeik(HESH) or something?

A shot of the town after the runway. 

ok HESH it is, maybe PIC007 can also post a pic

Desert textures FTX Global

Could you put up a similar shoot with GEX desert textures?

Think we can say it's wrapped up after you posted the desert shoot. From what I can see the 2 products booth looks great. Personally I favor Orbx because I like the slightly darker textures and owning all their regions it makes the border between a region and FTX Global more seamless because the colours match. If I was new and not been biased by Orbx I might have considered GEX(allthough the price is a bit steeper when you buy the whole world). But I have to say that granite shoot made me drool :P

where and when I have a lot of different textures around here, desert town farmland, where to go to get to same spot?

where and when I have a lot of different textures around here, desert town farmland, where to go to get to same spot?

Ah doesn't matter just show of some plain desert, no towns or anything, just desert(sand dunes)... I took this shoot somewhere around Sharm El Sheik.

I have to go eat and do some other stuff now, so I don't think I have time for more screenshoots :P