Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Disappearing Clickspots

Any mention of what caused the problem?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guys,

We're not convinced there actually are any real cases of this with the 777 release version. Absolutely everyone on the dev and test teams who saw the issue (including a couple who could reproduce it on every single flight) reported that it was 100% cured by the fix we made in late beta.

Something that looks a lot like the issue can happen though thanks to the stupid FSX dynamic head movement - it moves the camera position backward into the seat geometry and as a result you can't click because you're actually clicking on the invisible geometry of the seat that's now in front of you. This is not the same thing as what was happening in our beta or what was (presumably) happening with A2A's 172. It's a deeper and more obscure model issue for that.

In short - not all loss of clickability has the same cause. 

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

The issue at hand wasn't the "I can't click cause my seat is in front of my cursor."

I'm curious what the fix was to the "more obscure" .mdl issue.

Also it seems you guys, a2a (via you guys), and F1 all seemed to have fixed it (so far) - so excellent!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On a model(er)'s level, nonworking clickspots can be traced back to parts that had been scaled at one point during their creation (or had been linked to a aprt that had been scaled). Resetting the scale of the part in (G)Max usually fixes this.

I do not, however, know how erratically this issue can pop up.

(The "more obscure .mdl issue" was likely this exact thing.)

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

My crosspost from the other thread:

Hot fix update:

I have now had 1 occurrence of click spots being disabled for a very short period of time right after shutting down the engine by leaning out the mixture and then shutting off the ignition from my Saitek control panel's rotary knob (not sure if this related in any way, just mentioning it) - the click spots seem to spontaneously reappear after about 10 seconds - I haven't had another incident so far after that, but am keeping an eye out...

...up until this point, the hot fix had been flawless for me...

Great news!

I also want to confirm that F1 has found a fix for its great B200 King Air regarding this issue and it is being delivered via its latest SP1-

So - there really seems to be light on the horizon!

GREAT to read that missing clickspots will most likely be gone soon!

Cheers, Christoph

As an update to my application of the A2A HOTFIX .............. over 4 hours of flying now completed and no incidences of disappearing click spots at all.   :Party:

I can confirm from looking at the HOTFIX installing it's files, that the changes were indeed the  .MDL related ones.

I really think A2A have cracked it. :smile:

(with PMDG's expert assistance).

And I also agree with Ryan;   after getting what seemed to be the worse clickspot problems in the A2A C172 (clickspots disappearing after 1-3 mins, on every flight), I have never seen one incidence of clickspots disappearing in the PMDG 777.    

Cheers.

Excellent!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

not for me they have not.

I just installed a fresh version of 1.03.. and just got them today.. no clickspots whatsoever!  a real bummer.. love that plane..  

win 7 x64 home premium

dx9

on a brand new pooter

I7-3770k 3.5 o/c 4.5  at about 65 deg c.

evga GTX 660 2GB

asus sabertooth z77 mobo

850 corsair ps

8GB Corsair Vengeance

so.. very odd..

Ciao!

I have a single monitor and the first time I had them was with the King air which F1 has fixed now. I had them on the c172 from A2A but their fix seems to have fixed that for me too. Now I have them on the new Duke B60. Funny thing is I don't have them on the Turbo Duke. So it has to be something involving the higher definition modeling. My problems are very erratic. last night I flew the Duke B60 for  4 hours and it worked flawlessly. The night before the clickspots were constantly coming and going from second to second. As a matter of fact I could put the cursor on a clickspot and see it flashing from an arrow to the hand symbols back and forth like a strobe.I don't think it has anything to do with add ons or processor load.

I guess you'd have to ask the guys who fixed it what it is.

Funny I was getting EXACTLY the same symptoms as above with the Duke B60 v2.

I found that by rapidly clicking left and right and moving the mouse around the VC that they would come back for a while only to disappear again a few moments later. Most frustrating.

I have the Aerosoft Airbus Extended and also the A2A C172 both patched to the latest public release and haven't experienced the issue so far with these aircraft, but then I had two days of trouble free use out of the B60 until last night too.

Hello...

Lets take this back to life again.

I own the F1 King 200. and just encountered this issue.

I got the latest Version 1.3, used the F1 Download Tool and deactivated the AV during download. Run exe as Admin as the same as every single exe i find on my way on Windows 7.

I posted twice on The dedicated King 200  Flight1 forums but no one seems to reply.

My System:

-Single Monitor 21"

-Win 7 x64 w/aero

-I7 4770k 3.5

-8GB ddr3 cl9 1600

-MSI GTX 750Ti 2GB OC

-Corsair 750w PSU

-Asus Sabertoth Z87 

FSX w/acceleration.

Addon Aircrafts:

-Flight1 King Air 200

Addon Scenery:

- Freeware Airhispania SCX (mesh and some spanish airports)

-AKESOFT Valencia (LEVC)

No more addons on FSX

Have the latest FSUIPC Version.

Encountered this issue on:

Windowed and Full Screen. 

connected to IVAO or not.

With FSUIPC installed or Not.

FSX.cfg Clean or tweeked by Nick's Bible.

Have reinstalled FSX, The King Air, FSUIPC, IVAP. no results.

Last time it seems to be working OK until started IVAP on FSX. but have encountered the issue even before starting IVAO before.

Once it happens on the king200 it does not matter if a change aircraft, the issue remains, switchin to full screen, moving mouse around and clicking everywere, disconecting to IVAO, changing airport, I tried every variable i could imagine. The problem remains.

I still can make use of the G1000 and its keyboard, it works fine.

Every other clickspot on the plane dissapear. (some of them make the noise when I click but no action is observed) Also me controler stops working. so no control surfaces, engine or any other system continues operative on the aircraft.

THe issue appears between the first minute of loading the aircraft and never after 5 minutes, every single time I loaded the aircraft. (around 50 times so far, including about 6 re-installs)

I didnt encounter the problem with Windows x86. only after upgrading to Win x64.

Please give a hand as Im desperate.

King Regards

Javier A. Fernandez

Make sure your view is *in front* of your seat.  A seat can block clicks.  Next, what is your water slider set to?  Turn it down a notch or two to see if it helps.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'll try the view.
can't remember the water slideR set up, will change it to. It's quite low as I don't care about water.. We use planes, not boats. Jeje

Thanks.

My water was set to Medium 2.0 and I reduced it to Low 2.0 and my issue went away.  I did some searching on Google and found this idea to be a relatively common fix that worked for folks.  Why it works is a mystery.  (Some speculate that it's to reduce stress on the system but, perhaps, in a specific way.)  But do check to make sure your view is not inside the seat because if you're inside or behind the seat your click-spots will never work. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM