Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

Regarding above post, I can hit 50+ FPS in the NGX at cruise. 20ish does sound low. Plan on purchasing the T7 in a couple of days so will test it out and report. My hardware specs are posted. Regards.

I was getting about 20fps so decided to adjust the full screen resolution from 1680x1050 down to 1440x900 and it's given me a boost of about 9 or 10 FPS without really hitting the quality too much. 

--

Robert Sutherland

Around Flytampa Athens I get about 20FPS, exactly the same as 737NGX. When not near complex scenery I get full 30FPS as I have frame rate locked there using external limiter.

Very impressive as 777 after all is a lot bigger than the 737NGX.

I use the 1/2 locked at 30 and have been trying the 777 at Dubai, i am finding that in external view its quite smooth but as soon as i get in the VC it is not smooth at all and FPS counter is droping near 21-22 where as in the ngx it used to pretty much stay at 30 FPS. I have no traffic at all and this was using standard FSX weather. Strange. I understand the VC will take a bit of a hit but i didnt think it would be this much.

Regards Chris Harwood

yes i get the same problem as you!! really weird!!

please let me know if you can solve it.

thanks

swadeep

yes i get the same problem as you!! really weird!!

please let me know if you can solve it.

thanks

swadeep

Yep i will not sure whether anyone else is having the same problem, are you locked at 30 FPS, I have even tried switching off the FO displays and this doesnt seem to have worked its just really juttery but strange how the external and wing views is very smooth.

Chris

Worse than the NGX for me quite a bit. Only way I can enjoy this is with photo scenery/Autogen off, and lowering my LOD back down to 4.5. Probably going to shelf the T7 till an overclocked Haswell upgrade.

Asus P8P67Pro

I7 Sandy @5.0ghz

8gb of Corsair Vengance

EVGA 670 4gb

Dell U3011 @ 2650x1600

Win 7 X64

FSX Gold

NickN Tuning

Opus

Rex

MSE and FTX-G Scenery

I have heard that there is not much between a sandy and Haswell and at 5.0ghz you should be getting way more than that, something is afoot! 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

My FSX is locked at 40fps and I get that all the time in the T7 - its performing excellently for me!

How you do it? lol

Mine is around 14-20fps :(

I am quite disappointed when it comes to FPS. Reports were made that it performs better than NGX, yet mine shows less FPS than NGX. Let's not start the fluidity discussion...

T7 performs about 10-15% lower than NGX does in terms for FPS, and NGX is a big drain already.

With NGX i have 30 locked fps most of time, with 777 is not like that. It's not bad, but fps are not steady. BTW, i think everyone who use HDD should defrag after new 777, i just managed to get rid of some periodical stutters this way.

Will do some more tests now after defragmentation and report back

basically 20 - 30 range depending of the airports , cruize and other  flight stages steady 30 fps

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

For some reason Microsoft security essentials

does not like my 777 I get about 25fps and it stutters quite bad

however if I turn the security off I get 30fps in all situations

and its smooth as butter!

Never had this problem with other pmdg products but I love it anyway!

For some reason Microsoft security essentials

does not like my 777 I get about 25fps and it stutters quite bad

however if I turn the security off I get 30fps in all situations

and its smooth as butter!

Never had this problem with other pmdg products but I love it anyway!

That's very interesting Paul, I too use MSE.

EDIT: I just remembered, I reinstalled W7 recently, and I forgot to exclude FSX and REX in MSE.

Have just done it, and now seeing...

41 FPS in the NGX

39 in the 777

Haven't tried cruise yet, obviously higher in the cruise.

For those having issues, make sure you exclude FSX in MSE. Seems to have helped me. Still not seeing "better" frames than the NGX though, as PMDG claimed.

Same for me here, FPS is slightly worse. It was claimed by beta testers and PMDG themselves that FPS was going to be the same if not better, for me it's the same if not worse.

In my test scenario compared to the NGX I am getting about 5-10% less frames. It's a very slight loss, but if you're running VSync + 1/2 refresh rate every bit helps. Even getting 1 FPS below 30 will render this tweak useless. However, I was glad to see that - just like in the NGX - I can run this tweak WITHOUT enabling any FPS limiter which will help FPS as well. 

I will no try the MSE recommendation of above, and try some other AA settings in Inspector, might be related to that as well! It was already suspicious why in the NGX AA never caused a linear FPS drop.