Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

For those with micro stutters on approach, make sure you turn off Multi-sampling Transparency AA. Only use Super sampling. This is a known cause of stutters on touchdown. For me performance isn't a problem, but it looks like memory (VAS) maybe. Ran my test flight, the one I used to run o the NGX that OOM'ed on almost every flight, until a tweaked her down and started managing my startup DLL's (KJFK to FlyTampa KTPA). The NGX would always OOM on approach or shortly after landing at KTPA. Now with my current settings Extremely dense scenery Dnse Autogen, 2Xlow weather I could fly her in all day long no problem. even with 100% UT2 traffic. I can't say this with the 777. Right off the bat at JFK I started hearing the bells indicating running out of VAS on taxi for takeoff. Once I get out of the NY area, the bells/chimes stop, and the flight goes as normal till final approach, them those dreaded chimes again, and now graphic corruption followed by the OOM on touchdown. Unfortunately the 777 textures are already down to 1024x1024, and I already downsized the external ones prior to this flight, so there is limited thing now I could do. I'll have to lower my settings, if that doesn't work, the 777 will just have to be relegated to less populated parts of the world. I'm only on 32bit Vista, and unfortunately for me, currently not in a position I could upgrade, so it is what it is!!! :( Hopefully when SP1 comes out, PMDG will optimize her further like they did with the NGX. The good news is if I lower my settings, I should get even more performance out of her!!! :lol: :lol:

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Don't bother deleting the RAAS folder too. If you're troubleshooting make sure you change ONE THING AT A TIME, it enables you to dientify what exactly influences performance and what does not.

And I too, am hoping for a service pack obviously. But as we speak they are probably very, very hard at work answering tickets, listening to our feedback and doing their best improving the plane.

EDIT: pfft, reading all this makes me wish more and more we had a need platform without all these problems and limitations. In XPlane 10 we would probably be able to fly this beauty with a consistent 60 FPS and never an OOM or CTD. That would be a dream come true.

After a bit of playing (not at home, doing this all remotely over Teamviewer), I noticed that the T7 comes with the "--" beside the PFD/ND FPS rate. I put 15 on all 4 spots, and my FPS went a bit up, slightly higher than the NGX. My NGX default is also 15 on all views.

Why is the T7 set to "--" by default? (don't shoot me for not reading the manual, as I said, away from computer).

Arjen you are right, but We all know, FSX has its limitation unfortunately. As a user, of another forum, creator of panels usually said: FSX should be reprogrammed from base!

I'm sure that PMDG will solve all this problem (even I'm sure that there something to fix in the virtual cockpit, because there are sometimes performance loss). As the NGX in 1 month (or less) we'll have a fantastic product!

I think the RAAS system is being unfairly attributed as a resource draw here ......... it has absolutely no effect on frame rates for me, and also exactly the same RAAS system is in the Airbus X Extended and that add-on is very good on frames, and again the RAAS doesn't affect it's frame rate one bit.

If you're getting low frames though;

Try downloading the Ethiopian or PIA liveries and fly out of Addis Abbaba, or Islamabad;   they are both in very 'quiet' areas of FSX and frame rates are excellent there...... (and they are real life operators!).

Ricey! WoW, just done with all tips, it took me all the day but now I'm getting with my PMDG777 over 30FPS it's amazing.  Really, really thanks man!

Btw... anyone just watch the YouTube video above to increase yours FPS!  

Also, Thanks to Ryan from PMDG !!!

Yep i will not sure whether anyone else is having the same problem, are you locked at 30 FPS, I have even tried switching off the FO displays and this doesnt seem to have worked its just really juttery but strange how the external and wing views is very smooth.

Chris

yes i had mine locked to 30fps in the nvidia inspector and i tried doing it within in fsx also but no luck...but something is strange...i tried loaded up at payware vtsp airport and all was well..30fps in vc! but other airports eg default KATL it goes down to 15-20...even yesterday while in flight soemtimes went down to 11-12!! this is really weird. i don't know what's going on. thinking about doing fresh windows and fsx install..maybe over wekeend...i just recently installed as2012 also...dont know if that plays part in anyway because pmdg737ngx seems to suffer to when i want to compare..at this point i am totally lost...so much for all the wait only to be stuck here...sigh..

thanks

swadeep

Ricey! WoW, just done with all tips, it took me all the day but now I'm getting with my PMDG777 over 30FPS it's amazing.  Really, really thanks man!

Btw... anyone just watch the YouTube video above to increase yours FPS!  

Also, Thanks to Ryan from PMDG !!!

No problem bud - thanks goes to Ryan and Froogle for sharing. :)

Yeah....after several tests I have to agree that the 777 is slightly worse in FPS than the NGX. For me it´s about 2-4 fps per second which results in the picture being a little more stuttery.

Hoping for a performance manager, as with the NGX.

I don't have yet the 777, but did you guys tried to set your ND and PFD screens to lower FPS, like 8, it will help you alot, I use 8 for all PMDG aircraft and is working beautiful!!!

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

After another some tests I can see that the problem in frame rate drop (19/20) from 30 for me, is occuring when:

-Sometimes moving the Mouse

- I've given aircraft full throtte and the virtual cockpit of the airplane moves all back for the trhust power

- I've looked outside (obviously from the front glass).

Hope a performance fix will come outside, thanks PMDG for all your support! Really appreciated

I don't have yet the 777, but did you guys tried to set your ND and PFD screens to lower FPS, like 8, it will help you alot, I use 8 for all PMDG aircraft and is working beautiful!!!

Hey Man!  :O

I've tried your "Fix" and sets 8 to My 777 ND & PFD.... Well I've done a take off from OMDB and my framerate drops to 20, is gone away  :blink:  

Now I'll try a full flight (with taxi approach and land), if you solve my problem I'll gave you a beer!  :lol:

Zeljko you are welcome, just one information about soundcard, could you link some model or some information about it? I'm interested in adding to my pc!

I am in "research phase" right now, i'll let you know if i find something interesting.

Another interesting thing is that i have better performance then with NGX now, after setting display refresh rate to 15. Stutters on landing has gone after defragmentation - just my observation, but maybe you should try it if you have HDD. It seems to be logical step after new software installation(777)

I think the RAAS system is being unfairly attributed as a resource draw here

That's true, same here. BTW, what soundcard you have? I heard from you about this first time(sound / stutter), maybe you can recommend something? Thanks  

I've done the defragmentation! I do it everytime I install something new!

For the refresh rate, 8 it seems to fix all my troubles!

Stay tuned for others news!

Hey Man!  :O

I've tried your "Fix" and sets 8 to My 777 ND & PFD.... Well I've done a take off from OMDB and my framerate drops to 20, is gone away  :blink:  

Now I'll try a full flight (with taxi approach and land), if you solve my problem I'll gave you a beer!  :lol:

I'm always glad if my advice help, as for the beer, I don't drink alcohol, you can drink the beer for me :)!! 

I can't wait until 15 to get my salary to fly this beast!!! 

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook