Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

I just built a new rig with a Gerforce 780 installed and I saw my FPS hit 300 yesterday. I hope I am not damaging my card or board in anyway because I mucked about with it and I didn't really know what I was doing. Is it OK to be getting such frame rates? 

Paul

REX and a 3rd party traffic program like traffic 360 can really hammer your FPS hard. I use both and I'm ok with 20-25 FPS on the ground with the T7. My FPS quickly shoots past 30 into the 40's after T/O, which very close to what I'm seeing in the NGX. I also have FTX Global running as well. Regards

I just built a new rig with a Gerforce 780 installed and I saw my FPS hit 300 yesterday.

As long as no smoke came out the rear exhaust fan you should be ok.   :rolleyes:

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

As long as no smoke came out the rear exhaust fan you should be ok.   :rolleyes:

Not bad at all.

For all of you who might be having problems feel free to visit another topic. I've built it essentually for everyone who wants to try everything and bring out the best out of the sim. If you have problems, post your specs and people might try help you out :)

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421972-fps-help-and-suggestions-fsx/

I purchased the T7 today.

I noticed that the fps are about 5-10fps lower than in my NGX...any suggestions maybe?

I changed nothing except updating my videocard-drivers for BF4.

I purchased the T7 today.

I noticed that the fps are about 5-10fps lower than in my NGX...any suggestions maybe?

I changed nothing except updating my videocard-drivers for BF4.

First thing set refresh rate of of the ND and PFD to 15 in the PMDG Options Performance page on the FMC. Right now it's set unlimited (Blank)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks for the tip! ^_^

In the NGX that was one of the first things I did, totally forgot about it with the T7...

The sad thing for me is that I get better FPS in my NGX than I do in my 777. This kind of annoys me though as I like the 777 more in real life and in the Sim.

Specs are:
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz
Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570 2GB

The sad thing for me is that I get better FPS in my NGX than I do in my 777. This kind of annoys me though as I like the 777 more in real life and in the Sim.

Specs are:

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz

Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM

Windows 7 64-bit

Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570 2GB

Try turning the Hi-Def 3d Cockpit off in FSX aircraft settings when using the 777. You'll get a significant boost in FPS, without too much quality loss.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Try turning the Hi-Def 3d Cockpit off in FSX aircraft settings when using the 777. You'll get a significant boost in FPS, without too much quality loss.

Thank you. This helped by at least 5 frames. I also watched Froogle's youtube video about FSX Tweaking and the sort. I now get 15-20 frames on the ground at FlyTampa's Dubai which is playable!

Overclocking that i5 2500k to at least 4Ghz would also net a significant improvement in performance.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I've been playing with my CPU trying to find a good overclock for the 777.

What I do to test performance is get the 777 in the air and let it hold over a waypoint at 2000ft AGL and 250kts, I think that's more representative than just having it sitting on a runway. I'm generally getting between 20 and 30 FPS, have it capped to 30 with Nvidia Inspector.

If I do a safe overclock from 2.80 to 3.66, I'm in the mid or low 20s. If I overclock to 4.00 it's in the mid to high 20's, hitting the 30 limit most of the time but "sometimes" going down to 15-20 momentarily or jumping erratically between 20 and 30.

That's "approach" performance. In cruise it's usually hitting the 30 limit, but I care about performance during approach and landing, not cruise...

Jaime Beneyto

My real life aviation and flight simulation videos [English and Spanish]

System: i9 9900k OC 5.0 GHz | RTX 2080 Super | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Asus Z390-F