Sign in to follow this  
skwaL

FPS. What FPS do you get?

I did some tests yesterday.

System: Core i7 3770K with NVidia 680-Ti and 16GB RAM, Win 8.1

fsx.cfg is tweaked with Bojote's automatic tool: http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Maximum overclocking default: 4,3GHz (43x100; NEVER ever alter blck frequency with win 8/8.1!). I get about 40fps with clear weather in heathrow extreme runway 27L.

As my GPU has a load of about 40-60% which only increases with clouds I just only tweaked my cpu:

load line calibration to extreme, vcpu to 1,47Volts, deactivated hyper threading, sleep states, epu and tpu (asus) and was able to overclock to 4,6GHz. I got about 42fps so no major increase at all but about 92 degree core temperature soon after and the cpu decreased clock. Also the airflow was very loudly (Corsair H100i hybrid cooled cpu).

So I'm going with normal overclocking values and get about 63 degree on cpu which is good with a load like this (about 76 degree with cpu-z).

My system isn't top-end and I'd say performance is similar to the NGX. I wouldn't know the FPS I'm getting. As long as the experience is smooth, I couldn't care less about FPS and my experience with the NGX and 77X is very smooth with rather high graphic settings on FSX, even at busy airports during a ASN thunderstorm.

Configurating your system settings are very important and I had to do some tweaking on that when the NGX came out. There are many forum topics helping your way around while setting up your system. Once you set up your system in the right way, you're good to go, even with a less powerful PC.

+Trans_27 Pilot Chase

Your post about Frooglesim and his video (on this post's FIRST PAGE) was VERY helpful Thanks!!!!!

Joe.

Normally I locked it with the NVIDIA Driver to 35 and there it stays everytime.

Just unlocked it and get up to 60 fps inflight and up to 40 on ground at Mega Airport Barcelona. 

Using ASN, REX, ORBX Global + Vector, EZDOK, TRACKIR, Shade, ENB, AES, PFPX, and of yourse the T7

AMD FX8350, GTX770, Win7 64, 8 gig

i7-4790K and GeForce 780 - 25-30 (locked at 30)

I7-3930K - GTX 670 4GB about 25-30 FPS (unlocked) with the 737NGX 

with GA about 50 FPS. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

4790K 35-45 FPS in bad weather at FSDT airports

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.